Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

BoD Log 2/4/08

Expand Messages
  • Eddy Anthony
    [Chair]Eddy: I ve got 9 pm, lets begin [Admin]AndrewM: I can email him if you want [Chair]Eddy: We ve got 2 agenda items to hit after reports [Code_SB]jdempse:
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2008
      [Chair]Eddy: I've got 9 pm, lets begin
      [Admin]AndrewM: I can email him if you want
      [Chair]Eddy: We've got 2 agenda items to hit after reports
      [Code_SB]jdempse: I'll be including him in my dev email - see if he responds
      to that
      [Chair]Eddy: 1- GenCon plans
      [Chair]Eddy: 2- Additional FREQs for CMP
      [Chair]Eddy: Content Report
      [Chair]Eddy: Documentation
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc Bugs: 3 for 5.12 (4 total, +1 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc FREQs: 7 for 5.14 (34 total, unchanged)
      [Chair]Eddy: Output Sheets
      [Chair]Eddy: OS Bugs: 5 for 5.14 (8 total, unchanged)
      [Chair]Eddy: OS FREQs: 16 for 5.14 (41 total, +5 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Data
      [Chair]Eddy: Data Bugs: 4 for 5.14 (31 Total, -2 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Data FREQs: 10 for 5.14 (59 Total, -3 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: New Data Source Development
      [Chair]Eddy: We have one set, [RPGO] Modern Dispatch #115, which appears to
      be ready for review
      [Chair]Eddy: I have entered this into the notforsistribution area so any
      updates to the OGL info can be done directly
      [Chair]Eddy: This is a small set which can be done quickly and doing so will
      get us current with sets ready to go in.
      [Chair]Eddy: A number of the data FREQs are awaiting code changes, I'm
      worried that we may have lost Joe, I've not seen him post for a few weeks
      now.
      [Chair]Eddy: He's got [ 1849571 ] New Class tag: ALLOWBASECLASS:x -
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1849571&group_id=25576&atid
      =384722
      [Chair]Eddy: And also [ 1847137 ] Add PRExxx capability to SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL
      line -
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1847137&group_id=2
      5576&atid=384722
      [Chair]Eddy: Which is one of the FREQs we are considering bumping priority
      for 5.14
      [Chair]Eddy: I've almost completed the changes to the MSRD for make
      Occupations work under Ability Objects
      [Chair]Eddy: Conversion of third party set occupations is going faster than
      expected
      [Chair]Eddy: If approved I'll commit all of them at one time.
      [Chair]Eddy: Paul G, have you had a chance to check out that tracker?
      [OGL]Nylanfs: No was it assigned to me? I haven't gotten any emails from SF
      for trackers lately
      [Chair]Eddy: Hmm, I thought I fixed that issue
      [Chair]Eddy: yup, I assigned it to you a few days ago
      [Chair]Eddy: Can you access the notfordistribution directory?
      [Admin]AndrewM: I haven't gotten any tracker emails for the new tracker Tom
      set up either
      TirGwaith: If it isn't too late, I'm going to re-start up the conversions to
      ability objects for RSRD
      [Chair]Eddy: PLease Tir, that would be great. I'll be in there as well
      [Chair]Eddy: I think we should finish up all the core class abilities for
      this cycle
      TirGwaith: I was going to hit the "common" ones first - all the ones used by
      more than one class
      irc: [Arch_SB]thpr has joined pcgen
      [Chair]Eddy: Paul, please check out that OGL review tracker. I'll try to
      remember to email everyone involved with those trackers until we fix the
      notification issue
      [Chair]Eddy: Hi Tom
      TirGwaith: That way we can start figuring out what methods of display work
      and don't work
      [Arch_SB]thpr: hi all
      TirGwaith: I still get notifications...
      [PL_2nd]Paul: speaking of the notification issue, what happened that has
      caused the emails to stop? does anyone know?
      [PL_2nd]Paul: i haven't for over a year now
      [Arch_SB]thpr: what emails stopped?
      TirGwaith: I think they aren't getting Tracker emails anymore
      [Chair]Eddy: I get them too, wasn't getting them for the New SOurce
      Development tracker until I fixed something in the address it used
      [PL_2nd]Paul: the sf auto-email that a tracker you're involved with has been
      updated
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I get them, but had to escalate the issue with my ISP
      [Arch_SB]thpr: SourceForge managed to get itself blacklisted :)
      [PR]Maredudd: Same with my ISP . . .
      [PL_2nd]Paul: that's odd, 'cause i stil get the update emails when someone
      makes changes to SF
      [Admin]AndrewM: Hm, I get certain trackers, but not the newest ones
      irc: KronDorl has joined pcgen
      [Chair]Eddy: Paul, are you not getting ANY emails or is it just the one
      tracker category?
      [PL_2nd]Paul: i don't get *any* tracker related emails
      [PL_2nd]Paul: i get the commit emails though
      [PL_2nd]Paul: and its been that way for over a year now
      [Chair]Eddy: Your problem may be ISP related then, there was a problem with
      one of the trackers but that's been fixed
      [Chair]Eddy: Anyway, we can deal with that on the list
      [Chair]Eddy: Any questions for content?
      €: KronDorl sticks up hand...
      [Chair]Eddy: Kron
      [Chair]Eddy: you have a question?
      KronDorl: Hi, I am known on the lists as Lachlan MacLean.. First time
      here... :)
      [Chair]Eddy: Wecome
      KronDorl: I also have the backup site.. Is there anything going to be put
      up on it??
      [Chair]Eddy: backup site? is that for the web site?
      [Admin]AndrewM: Yes, it's the _exp site
      KronDorl: web or anything that might be needed..
      [Admin]AndrewM: LAchlan is one of the Web simians
      €: TirGwaith is totally lost.....
      [Admin]AndrewM: An original if memory serves correctly.
      KronDorl: I did originally offer yes.. :)
      [Chair]Eddy: Well we have the Admin SB, the Web second and you here now,
      lets make that discussion agenda item 3 OK
      KronDorl: Ok..
      [Admin]AndrewM: Sounds good to me.
      [Chair]Eddy: KronDorl, we have the SB's make team reports at these meeting
      first and then go to agenda's and then open discussion
      [Chair]Eddy: So lets go to admin next
      KronDorl: Works for me... Been on lots of committees..
      [Chair]Eddy: Cool, :-)
      [Admin]AndrewM: Admin Report - Simple and too the point
      [Admin]AndrewM: Release : 5.13.9 - This weekend (Sunday per James)
      [Admin]AndrewM: W3c scripting is still being dealt with by Eric
      [Admin]AndrewM: otherwise the releasenotes are being looked over by Eric
      [Admin]AndrewM: Trackers - Other than some wierd hiccups in the system -
      these seem to be growing at an alarming rate
      [Admin]AndrewM: Glad teams are taking care of their own internal (especially
      Tom - Thanks)
      [PR]Maredudd: I didn't get a chance to clean up the Roadmap on the wiki this
      last release. I'll work on it this week and then get it ready for the next
      release.
      [Admin]AndrewM: Web - I can't say anything has been happening here. I'll
      turf over to Anestis as he's the main man currently handling the Web side...
      I've been way to busy with personal life to stay on top of the team members
      and get things running yet.
      [Admin]AndrewM: Eric - Np, we did a last minute one before the build went
      live.
      [Admin]AndrewM: Anestis - do you have anything to add for Web?
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Well, i've started looking at the W3C's accessibility
      guidelines, it'll take some time to digest
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: There are a number of online tools, the problem is that
      one does not do everything
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: We had someone put their hand up to help recently, and I
      pointed them to PCGen's current site on SF, and to the test site
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Apart from that, I haven't really heard much back.
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: I really do want to get things moving, but lack of replies
      from people who volunteered is worrying me a bit.
      [Admin]AndrewM: I'll get you a list of the web volunteers Anestis... that
      way you can email them personally if needed
      [Chair]Eddy: We should probably do a puch to get the project moving after we
      get the 5.14 release out
      [Chair]Eddy: I know I'm deep in the data and OS work until then
      [Chair]Eddy: but I do want to help the web project along
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Unfornutaely, I haven't had a lot of time this week, as I
      have been dealing with personal issues
      [Chair]Eddy: happens to all of us
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: But, I am hoping to provide some guidelines in
      accessibility
      irc: jfrazierjr has joined pcgen
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Maybe work out some sort of guideline documentation for
      the website
      [Admin]AndrewM: Kar should be rejoining the project as well...
      [Code_SB]jdempse: Hi joe
      [Chair]Eddy: Anything else for Admin?
      [Admin]AndrewM: after his honey moon
      [Chair]Eddy: Joe!
      jfrazierjr: Hey everyone
      [Admin]AndrewM: Overquota email messages - we handling this problem?
      [PR]Maredudd: Hi Joe!
      TirGwaith: Hi Joe
      [Admin]AndrewM: Hi Joe
      [Chair]Eddy: Hey Joe, good to see you. I was afraid we might have lost you
      jfrazierjr: its been a bad month..
      jfrazierjr: not getting much better either..
      jfrazierjr: but I wil be around here and there...
      [Chair]Eddy: common story unfortunately
      TirGwaith: Joe, I'll be in chat more often over the next month, and back to
      normal in March (hopefully)
      [Code_SB]jdempse: @Andrew yep I'll hit the overquota as normal
      [Admin]AndrewM: Cool... James - did you want to add anything?
      [Code_SB]jdempse: no
      [Admin]AndrewM: OK, well, then I think I hit the important stuff.
      [Chair]Eddy: Ok, shall we move on to PL next?
      [PR]Maredudd: I'm ready . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: you on then
      [PR]Maredudd: PR Report . . .
      [PR]Maredudd: Publisher Liaison -
      [PR]Maredudd: No word back yet from WotC on early access to the new OGL.
      [PR]Maredudd: Have verbal permission from Paizo for Pathfinder. They're
      granting 'Full Permission' with 'No Review Required'.
      [PR]Maredudd: Once I have email confirmation, I'll add Paizo to the list and
      will make the appropriate announcement on the main list.
      [PR]Maredudd: Getting ready to initiate a round of letters to the publishers
      asking for permission to include artwork as we as introduce then to the URL
      and DESC capability recently added to PCGen.
      [PR]Maredudd: OGL -
      [PR]Maredudd: Nothing new since last meeting other than the dataset already
      mentioned during the Content Report.
      [PR]Maredudd: Advertising -
      [PR]Maredudd: Press Releases went out on schedule with the last release.
      [PR]Maredudd: 8 News Channels (Including SF and Yahoo!) plus two wikis.
      [PR]Maredudd: I'm always looking for new channels to post to so if you have
      any suggestion, send them my way.
      [PR]Maredudd: Anything to add PaulK or PaulG?
      [PL_2nd]Paul: ummmm...hi? :P)
      [PR]Maredudd: :-)
      [OGL]Nylanfs: I cleared the dispatch
      [PR]Maredudd: Great!
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Nothingh other than some stuff for GenCon
      [PR]Maredudd: I will say that Paizo has been great!
      [PL_2nd]Paul: Dispatches are fun...but i'm rather biased :)
      [PR]Maredudd: I've got stuff for GenCon as well, but will hold it till then
      . . .
      [PR]Maredudd: There is a publisher that Frank was talking too that we still
      havn't heard from again . . . I'll drop them a line to see how things stand
      . . .
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: hello?
      [Admin]AndrewM: Hi
      [PL_2nd]Paul: i'm here
      [Chair]Eddy: ANything else for PL?
      [PR]Maredudd: Nope.
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: just went all quiet
      [PR]Maredudd: Thats all.
      [Chair]Eddy: Thanks Eric
      [Chair]Eddy: shall we go to Code or Arch next
      [Code_SB]jdempse: code is good
      [Chair]Eddy: ?
      [Chair]Eddy: Ok go ahead James
      [Code_SB]jdempse: Since the last meeting we have had 7 bugs and 4 features
      closed.
      [Code_SB]jdempse: That leaves us with 31 bugs and 5 features remaining, plus
      the spell chooser.
      [Code_SB]jdempse: 4 of 5 of the freqs were created in the last week, so we
      seem to be keeping up there.
      [Code_SB]jdempse: Hope is still that the features will be all done in time
      for a beta release at the start of March.
      [Code_SB]jdempse: That's about all at the moment
      [Code_SB]jdempse: Any questions?
      [Admin]AndrewM: I'm good
      [Chair]Eddy: nope
      [Chair]Eddy: Lets go to Tom with the Arch report then
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Per a previous request, I created both a high level and
      detailed view of tasks for PCGen 6.0
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Those are out to the -devel team
      [Arch_SB]thpr: There is a general overview, and detailed tasks - the
      detailed tasks are in a new type of Tracker on SourceForge called "New
      Release Steps"
      [Arch_SB]thpr: you must be logged in to SF to see them, at the moment (I can
      change that if I can find the preference ;) )
      irc: [Admin]AndrewM has left pcgen
      KronDorl: oops
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Also on the new release steps, we should decide if we want
      those copied to the tracker email list, as they are not today
      [Chair]Eddy: he'll be back ;-)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: on FREQs, CHOOSE is a challenge - I think I've found 4 code
      bugs while analyzing the current system
      [Arch_SB]thpr: and there are some additional challenges which I've put
      across _experimental (one this afternoon, one a few minutes ago)
      irc: [Admin]AndrewM_ has joined pcgen
      [Arch_SB]thpr: So I would have liked for that to be done, but it's taking
      longer than I expected
      jfrazierjr: has anyone ever looked at implementing a tree structure for a
      chooser?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: not sure what you mean by that...
      [PL_2nd]Paul: you mean, for example, choose fire spells, then choose 3rd
      level, then choose wizard?
      jfrazierjr: rather backwards
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I'm curious what you mean, but I'm not sure I want to spend
      too much BoD time on that at the moment
      [PL_2nd]Paul: how so Joe?
      jfrazierjr: Not sure of the exact syntax, but CHOOSE:SPELLS:TYPE.Arcane|1
      jfrazierjr: one of the things I have seen discussed is what happens if the
      character has multiple classes with Archane spells
      jfrazierjr: so we always seem to have to specify a class to narrow it down
      [Arch_SB]thpr: CHOOSE:SPELL:CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=4]
      [Arch_SB]thpr: will be how something will look in 6.x
      [Admin]AndrewM_: Yeah, that is being discussed on _exp currently. That would
      fall under the CMP Agenda item
      jfrazierjr: with a tree component, it implemented correctly, would allow for
      a hierachry view of the allowed spells with checkboxes as the "selection"
      widget
      jfrazierjr: anyway, just a thought..
      [Arch_SB]thpr: oh, you're talking display
      [Arch_SB]thpr: that's clever - we should think about how that would work
      jfrazierjr: I have to admit, I was not able t read all of the spell chooser
      stuff over the past few weeks...
      jfrazierjr: but from what I did see, A tree was my first thought to get
      around some of the problems I heard
      irc: [BD]merton_monk has joined pcgen
      [Arch_SB]thpr: We'll look at that - I'm not sure it will hit 5.14, but
      certainly when we change the UI that would be good to consider
      [Chair]Eddy: It's getting late, shall we move on to agenda items?
      [BD]merton_monk: hi all. long time no see. :)
      [Chair]Eddy: Hi Bryan
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: sounds good
      [PR]Maredudd: Hi MM!
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: hi Bryan
      [Admin]AndrewM_: HI Bryan
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Yea Bryan! :)
      [PL_2nd]Paul: howdy Bryan
      [Admin]AndrewM_: Oh Joe and Tom - 1886716 CHOOSER has Tree Display
      [Arch_SB]thpr: thanks andrew
      [Admin]AndrewM_: np
      [Chair]Eddy: Tom, anything else from Arch?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: nope
      [Chair]Eddy: Thank Tom
      [Chair]Eddy: OK, agenda item 1: GenCon plans
      [Chair]Eddy: Eric, Paul G and myself have all said that we will be attending
      so it looks like we will have a signifigant BoD presents there this year
      regardless of whether we have a booth or not

      [Chair]Eddy: We would like to get a booth and are looking at the
      possibilities of sharing space with other projects

      [Chair]Eddy: Bryan, I read at CMP that you guys are planning on attending
      [Chair]Eddy: Going to exhibit or just be at the show?
      [OGL]Nylanfs: 10x10 Entrepreneurial - $1100
      [Chair]Eddy: (or do you even know now?)
      [BD]merton_monk: yup - we'll be there, or at least we'd better be!
      [Chair]Eddy: Anyone else got definite plans?
      [BD]merton_monk: We haven't decided on size of booth yet, but we'll need to
      sort that out soon
      [Chair]Eddy: have they posted this years pricing yet? I can only find last
      years
      [PR]Maredudd: I can't find them . . .
      [OGL]Nylanfs: It's in their forums
      [OGL]Nylanfs: which are hard to find
      [OGL]Nylanfs: http://community.gencon.com/forums/thread/162862.aspx
      [BD]merton_monk: I've gotten a bunch of info from them, but that's probably
      because we've had booths there before
      [BD]merton_monk: I'd send you the info, but it sounds like paul already
      posted the url
      [BD]merton_monk: sounds = looks. sigh... typing medium....
      [Chair]Eddy: Paul, Eric, you guys have anything that needs a decision at
      this point?
      [PR]Maredudd: CD: 5.14 and all the goodies we can pack onto it. I would
      like to talk to the publishers to see any of them would like to sponsor the
      CD.
      [PR]Maredudd: AnyThoughts?
      [Chair]Eddy: I see no reason not too, not a bad idea
      [PR]Maredudd: Then I'll start working on it . . .
      [PR]Maredudd: Aslo . . .
      [PR]Maredudd: PCGen Shirts: Imagine a polo/golf/tee shirt with the PCGen
      Logo that any member can buy so that we can have a visible presence at the
      con beyond any potential booth presence. I am personally interested in
      picking up such for myself, and my wife said she'd wear one too . . .
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: We could look at getting them done through Cafe Press
      [BD]merton_monk: I'd buy one too :)
      [PR]Maredudd: Alternatively, as you suggeted Eddy, potentially selling
      t-shirts at the con . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: or both
      [PR]Maredudd: Or both . . .
      [PR]Maredudd: :-)
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Both sounds good
      [OGL]Nylanfs: I got PCGen for free, and all I bought was this T-Shirt
      [Chair]Eddy: :-)
      [Chair]Eddy: I like that
      [BD]merton_monk: heh - I like that Paul :)
      [OGL]Nylanfs: courtasy of Pardigm Concepts
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: My other T-Shirt is 20th Level Mindblade created with
      PCgen!
      [PR]Maredudd: I'll look into several options and bring them back to the
      Board . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: Thanks
      [PR]Maredudd: Bryan, in reference to Cafe Press, ouy had some concern . . .
      What do we need to do o assuage them?
      [Chair]Eddy: someone mentions before that Cafe Press might be a problem in
      that they claim copyright over everything submitted
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: oh, I didn't know that
      [PR]Maredudd: That would be a problem . . . :-(
      [PR]Maredudd: I do have other sources though . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: It will not be a problem to find another vendor for that though
      [BD]merton_monk: I've heard that as well, though I'm not sure if that's
      still the case
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: I just found this on cafe Press' website :
      [Chair]Eddy: the nice thing about Cafe Press was you don't layout an
      investment to create the inital stock (if I remember right)
      [Web_2nd]Anestis:
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Please be clearly advised that you retain any and all
      rights in and to any content that you upload through the CafePress.com
      service. Please read the CafePress.com Terms of Service and the Shopkeeper
      Agreement, both of which make it clear that you would retain any and all
      rights you may have in and to the content that you upload. However, you do
      grant CafePress.com a limited license, which enables us to create and market
      your produ
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: cts.
      [BD]merton_monk: which image did you want to use for the logo?
      irc: [Admin]AndrewM2 has joined pcgen
      [PR]Maredudd: I have a firend that makes aliving doing shirts and he has
      said he'd give me the best price he can . . . It doesn't hurt to ask him how
      much . . . :-)
      [Admin]AndrewM2: *sigh* sorry guys... tonight is just not my night
      apparently.
      [Chair]Eddy: Well, we have many months to work this out, suffice to say we
      do want to do it :-)
      [BD]merton_monk: Anestis - thanks for finding that. Seems like a reasonable
      requirement on the part of cafe press.
      [Chair]Eddy: Anything else regarding GenCon?
      [BD]merton_monk: It doesn't hurt to look at alternatives (that's my scottish
      side...) to get the best deal.
      [PR]Maredudd: I'm not a graphic artist so I'll leave the artwork up to those
      who caknow what theiy're doing . . .
      [PR]Maredudd: One more thing . . .
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: If I may, I was talking with a few of the folks before the
      meeting about GenCon Oz, happening in June
      [PR]Maredudd: There may be other propmotional isdeas. I'll bring them to the
      BoD as I develop them . . .
      [PR]Maredudd: June may be early to get CDs . . .
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: I've signed up to be a volunteer at GenCOn Oz, and hope to
      go
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: I'd be happy to hand out flyers and talk to people about
      PCGen on my "off-time"
      [Chair]Eddy: We should have 5.14 out, we can make a CD, just might not be
      the same one we use in August
      [PR]Maredudd: Right.
      [Chair]Eddy: Glad you brought it up, we'll need to get our flyers current
      for that event then
      [Chair]Eddy: June when? (date)
      KronDorl: From what it sound's like, not to many people are from the
      northern area (Canada).. Or more so, Toronto.. We have a few gaming type
      conventions up here.. I might be able to get some advertising done here..
      [BD]merton_monk: I'd love to go to GenCon Oz some year...
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: The website for GenCon Oz is http://www.genconoz.com/
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: if anyone wants to look
      [Chair]Eddy: I'd love to visit down under for any reason :-D
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Also, might be an idea for someone to talk to some local
      d20 product publishers
      [PR]Maredudd: Looks like July 3rd . ..
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Oops, why was I thinking June?
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Just an idea I thought I'd throw out.
      [Chair]Eddy: July is better, if it was June 4e would be hitting you at the
      Con
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: They will have some 4e games at the con, but they will
      have alot of other games, such as Living Arcanis, and the wrapup to Living
      Greyhawk I imagine
      [PR]Maredudd: From PR, I like the idea of sending something to GenCon
      Australia . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: Me too
      [Chair]Eddy: Shall we move on to the next item?
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: sure
      [Chair]Eddy: OK, Agenda Item 2: Additional FREQs for CMP
      [PR]Maredudd: yep
      [Chair]Eddy: Since 5.14 is likely to be the last version CMP will have the
      oportunity to update it's data to we gave barak the opportunity to suggest a
      list of things not currently on the 5.14 raodmap
      [Chair]Eddy: Please Note: 6.0 is being designed with the ability to import
      and automatically convert data updated to 5.14 standards so users of CMP
      data will be able to use 6.0 when it comes out.
      [Chair]Eddy: Some of his items are already slated for 5.14, here are the
      ones which are not:
      [Chair]Eddy: 1847137 PRExxx on substitution class level lines -
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1847137&group_id=2
      5576&atid=384722
      [Chair]Eddy: 1789856 Qualify tag -
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1789856&group_id=2
      5576&atid=384722
      [Chair]Eddy: And not yet trackered:
      [Chair]Eddy: Basic spell chooser (as we've been discussing on experimental)
      [Chair]Eddy: Advanced spell chooser (would return the selected spell name,
      class and level... just a copy of the first with more info returned?)
      [Admin]AndrewM2: that would be a proposal at this stage
      [Chair]Eddy: Baraks request is what prompted the thread on experimental and
      it looks like Tom is nailing down the final details on the Basic Spell
      Chooser
      [Chair]Eddy: So the question is can we carry it through and FREQ the
      advanced spell chooser as well?
      [Chair]Eddy: Are these other 2 FREQs doable?
      [Chair]Eddy: doable within the current cycle anyway
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Depends on who is doing what...
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I'm probably on CHOOSE and the ARMORPROF/SHIELDPROF issues,
      so not sure how much I can do elsewhere
      [Arch_SB]thpr: is the target 3 weeks to Beta freeze or 5?
      [Code_SB]jdempse: just under 5
      [Code_SB]jdempse: I was planning on grabing some of the other freqs this
      week and clearing them
      [Code_SB]jdempse: Probably the shieldprof/armorprof ones unless you'd prefer
      to do them Tom
      [Arch_SB]thpr: all you
      [Code_SB]jdempse: ok
      [Arch_SB]thpr: so we can get the basic spell chooser
      jfrazierjr: for The PRExxx thing, I think I figured out "where" to change it
      right before the Christmas break... Will take a look at it again this week
      to see if I can refresh my memory on the change neeeded
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I think
      irc: [Admin]AndrewM_ has left pcgen
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Joe (thanks Joe) will look at the PRExxx and we can evaluate
      from there...
      [Arch_SB]thpr: And the QUALIFY, I can't believe is all that hard - just
      store a map of type to target and alter all the PRExxx that are pobject
      based to query that from the PC as well as the actual objects
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Tom & Eddy - 1886721 Spell Chooser [Discussed on
      _exp]
      [Arch_SB]thpr: need 2 trackers on that
      [Arch_SB]thpr: basic and advanced
      [Admin]AndrewM2: ok
      [Arch_SB]thpr: both similar in the LST file, but the chooser is much more
      complicated for the advanced version that is also based on list and level
      [Admin]AndrewM2: ok, 1886722 Spell Chooser (Advanced) [Discussing on
      _Exp]
      [Arch_SB]thpr: thx
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Left out details since it's still being discussed
      [Arch_SB]thpr: the basic can be put up for vote, IMHO
      [Chair]Eddy: So I'm hearing that the existing trackers are probably doable
      and that the advanced spell chooser may be the one difficulty on the list
      [Arch_SB]thpr: the advanced, we just need to determine the syntax change
      required in the LST file
      [Arch_SB]thpr: The advanced one is tough for me because I'm not familiar
      with the Chooser UI and how the tables are built
      [Arch_SB]thpr: so I have code reading ahead of me if I have to do that part
      [Chair]Eddy: Ok Tom, I'll set up a vote for the basic spell chooser then
      [Chair]Eddy: and we just continue the discussion thread for the advanced
      chooser?
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Couldn't you use similar code from the Spell Effect eqmod|?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: yes
      [Arch_SB]thpr: this is the final syntax:
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen_experimental/message/9790
      [Arch_SB]thpr: for the basic
      [Arch_SB]thpr: no, the eqmod choosers are all different code
      [Arch_SB]thpr: "yes" earlier being yes to "we just continue the discussion
      thread for the advanced chooser"
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Cool deal, so the trackers requested with the exception of
      the Advanced Chooser sounds doable...
      [PR]Maredudd: I havn't been following the Spell Chooser discussion . . .
      Where is the chooser to be used at?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: we'll report back on the advanced one next week once we know
      where we are with the other items
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Global
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Global minus EqMod
      [PR]Maredudd: Cool . . .
      [PR]Maredudd: Right . . . :-)
      [Chair]Eddy: Sounds good
      [Arch_SB]thpr: "next week" being "next meeting, two weeks away", sorry
      [Chair]Eddy: Shall I go ahead and bump priority on those 2 trackers then?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: change them to "For 5.14"
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Um, that's a holiday in the US
      [Arch_SB]thpr: prio can stay the same
      [Admin]AndrewM2: I already changed them to P6 and 5.14
      [Arch_SB]thpr: ok
      [Arch_SB]thpr: :)
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Mass update is a great tool :)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: then we'll report back in 3 weeks
      [Chair]Eddy: opps, that what I meant
      [Arch_SB]thpr: still leaves us 2 to do the work if we haven't started it
      [Chair]Eddy: Thanks Andrew
      [Admin]AndrewM2: three weeks then... do I need to fix the reminder or can
      anybody modify it?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Eddy's scribe can just add it to the agenda for the next
      meeting
      [OGL]Nylanfs: I think it's mod's only
      [Chair]Eddy: Holiday?
      [PR]Maredudd: Presidents DAy . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: Oh, presidents day
      [Admin]AndrewM2: President's Weeknd
      [Admin]AndrewM2: The Convention I'm going too... :P
      [Chair]Eddy: do we want to skip and go to the 25th then
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I think that's the theory
      [Chair]Eddy: I'm fine with that (president day doesn't register with me... I
      don't get time off for it)
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Just another day here :-)
      [PR]Maredudd: Its a holiday for me, but I have no problem meeting on that
      day . . .
      [PL_2nd]Paul: i think my dauther has the day off from school. i know i don't
      get anything for it
      [OGL]Nylanfs: My wife does, stupid goverment jobs
      [Admin]AndrewM2: I can make a meeting, but I just wanted everyone aware that
      it is a holiday...
      [PR]Maredudd: Hey! Watch that! :-)
      [Chair]Eddy: what do you mean? I thought the whole world celebrated our
      president ;-)
      [Admin]AndrewM2: ROTFLOL
      KronDorl: President?? What's that??
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: mmmhmmmmm
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Shall we go to agenda item #3?
      [Chair]Eddy: probably a good idea
      [Admin]AndrewM2: before the wife or kids take me out?
      [Chair]Eddy: item 3: web site
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Lachlan aka Kron had a question
      [Admin]AndrewM2: I'd like to say yes... the only thing is, we don't have
      much if anything to back up yet.
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Though if you don't mind, I'd like to move older stuff from
      the SF that we
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Are we talking about the pcgen-test site?
      [Admin]AndrewM2: 'would like to hold onto the back up server..... Anestis -
      yes
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Lachlan has a back up server he's offering to the project.
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Currently the exp-site has the drupal module with the test
      mailing list/forum
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: yeah
      [Admin]AndrewM2: and we have a Wiki
      [Admin]AndrewM2: !!!
      [Arch_SB]thpr: have we tested that with 2 forums yet, in order to ensure
      they don't cross-pollute?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: when sent in by mail & from the forum?
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Otherwise, nothing else content wise I'm aware of.
      [Admin]AndrewM2: No, but that isn't hard to do.
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: See, my initial idea is to copy the existing website at SF
      over to the pcgen-test site, and then fiddle with it, incorporating the
      forum/mailing list as a new section
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: No testing with an additional forum yet
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: I would like to see the forum interface overhauled.
      Perosnally, it's a little messy
      [Arch_SB]thpr: that's fine - your call on priorities
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: But, I don't know anything about Drupal, and I'm afraid to
      touch anything (settings, look and feel, ec) in case it might break :-/
      [Arch_SB]thpr: afraid I can't help there, not a web person myself
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Meh, you're an admin we are suppose to break things... :P
      €: [Web_2nd]Anestis chuckles
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Okay, 2nd forum setup for testing purposes
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Did you want me to do that, Andrew?
      KronDorl: What about putting drupal on the backup server to play with and
      learn without killing anything..
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Tom and Anestis if you want to play with it - go for it.
      €: [Arch_SB]thpr laughs
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Lachlan, if you can do that without breaking it, cool
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I'm not touching ANYTHING
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: Ultimately, I would like to see the forum reflect the look
      and feel of PCgen, like the website does
      [Arch_SB]thpr: unless you really want it to break
      [Admin]AndrewM2: I've set up the 2nd forum...
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Was there anything else pertinent to the Web or Web Site
      stuff?
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: yes, accessibility
      KronDorl: Can I get a copy of the drupal to install on the backup machine?
      [Admin]AndrewM2: I can get you the root access stuff - offline :)
      KronDorl: ok.
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: As I mentioned before, there is a lot o information on
      accessibility, but ultimately, I want a test-bed of disabled people who
      freuently use the internet to go over the current website at SF and send in
      a list of issues they encounter. Going through all the information is all
      well and good if you have no disabilities, but ultimately, we need some
      people who have disabilities to do some tesgting for us
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: *testing
      [Admin]AndrewM2: hm, this may required more thought... I can set up a forum,
      but I can't get it to do the mailing part.... ugh.
      [Arch_SB]thpr: when you get it worked out, I'll do my best to break it -
      just let me know what the two lists are once you guys are ready
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: If anyone knows of anyone who can help with the
      accesibility testing, that would be great
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Tom - Sure... I've found the setting... this is not exactly
      user friendly, but I should have it up and running (or broken) in a few
      minutes
      [Admin]AndrewM2: did we lose everyone else?
      [Chair]Eddy: I'm here
      €: jfrazierjr is not lost
      [OGL]Nylanfs: I'm here
      [Admin]AndrewM2: just got very very quiet
      KronDorl: @Anestis I might be able to find someone.. but can't guarantee
      it..
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: I'm here
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: no problem Kron
      [Admin]AndrewM2: okay... Was there anything anybody wanted from me before I
      go and hide in my cave?
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: It might be something we might have to advertise elsewhere
      for, either on the main PCGen list, or probably to a specilaist group
      [Chair]Eddy: not from me Andrew
      [Chair]Eddy: Thanks for being here :-)
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Okay, well, shall we move to open discussion then?
      [Admin]AndrewM2: Happy to be of service
      jfrazierjr: later Andrew
      [Chair]Eddy: sounds good, anyone have a topic?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: yea
      €: [Admin]AndrewM2 in cave working on the website thing.... poke if needed
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I would like to reiterate - since Bryan is here maybe he can
      nudge Barak - a request to get a CMP run of their data vs. the CDOM branch
      compatibility checker
      [Arch_SB]thpr: that's a critical piece of making sure things are clean for
      6.0, and I don't want that to be a last minute rush
      [PL_2nd]Paul: brb - have to put 2-yr-old to bed
      [Chair]Eddy: he's up late
      KronDorl: I am curious as to what software is used for coding pcgen.. I was
      fully trained in java, but have not had a chance to code much and would hate
      to lose it.
      [Arch_SB]thpr: our code is Java, and most of us use Eclipse, JBuilder, or
      NetBeans
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Tom check PM
      KronDorl: So the typical s/w lol
      KronDorl: Hmm, I think I still have eclipse on this computer...
      KronDorl: Nope, IBM websphere 5.1
      [BD]merton_monk: does barak know how to run the compatibility checker?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: yes, he ran an early version a few months ago
      [BD]merton_monk: ok, I'll email him about it
      [Arch_SB]thpr: thanks
      [Chair]Eddy: Well we just hit the 2 hour mark, I think it's time to call it
      officially done
      [Web_2nd]Anestis: yup
      [Chair]Eddy: thanks for being here everyone
      [Chair]Eddy: next meeting in three weeks, Feb 25th
      [BD]merton_monk: thanks for all your work on PCGen!
      [Code_SB]jdempse: Thanks Bryan!
      [Code_SB]jdempse: bye everyone
      [Arch_SB]thpr: 'night all - great to see so many folks here
      [BD]merton_monk: gnite everyone
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.