Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: doc question

Expand Messages
  • taluroniscandar
    ... which will ... through on the ... Barak may be referring to the typo in the ADD:VFEAT| documentation that says: -- If the feat being added has a chooser,
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      > > The doc for ADD:VFEAT has the following blurb:
      > >
      > > "If the feat being added has a chooser ADD:FEAT is the only tag
      which will
      > > activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not)."
      > >
      > > Is this a copy/paste error? I thought ADD:VFEAT would follow
      through on the
      > > choosers...
      >
      > Correct. Only an ADD: function will generate choosers. ADD:FEAT or
      > ADD:VFEAT. (ADD:ABILITY never worked right for me, since it tried to
      > encapsulate all the ADD functions in one, but I haven't tested it in a
      > while.)
      >
      > > If it isn't, then what is the difference between ADD:VFEAT and VFEAT?
      > >

      Barak may be referring to the typo in the ADD:VFEAT| documentation
      that says:
      --
      If the feat being added has a chooser, ADD:FEAT is the only tag which
      will activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not).
      --
      rather than
      --
      If the feat being added has a chooser, ADD:"V"FEAT is the only tag
      which will activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not).
      --
      Probably a cut-n-paste overlook from the ADD:FEAT| documentation.
    • Barak
      ... I was. ... And the word only should really be dropped now since both ADD:FEAT and ADD:VFEAT will follow through on choosers. I ll flag it for a TM. Barak
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        > -----Original Message-----
        > Barak may be referring to the typo in the ADD:VFEAT| documentation
        > that says:

        I was.

        > If the feat being added has a chooser, ADD:"V"FEAT is the only tag
        > which will activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not).

        And the word "only" should really be dropped now since both ADD:FEAT and
        ADD:VFEAT will follow through on choosers.

        I'll flag it for a TM.

        Barak
      • learsi anyer
        pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this pcgen..thanks Barak wrote: -----Original Message----- ... I was. ... And
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this pcgen..thanks

          Barak <barak@...> wrote: > -----Original Message-----
          > Barak may be referring to the typo in the ADD:VFEAT| documentation
          > that says:

          I was.

          > If the feat being added has a chooser, ADD:"V"FEAT is the only tag
          > which will activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not).

          And the word "only" should really be dropped now since both ADD:FEAT and
          ADD:VFEAT will follow through on choosers.

          I'll flag it for a TM.

          Barak






          ---------------------------------
          Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Andrew Maitland
          @Barak - you flagged a Doc monkey... DOC is Docs, TM is tracker monkey... ;-) Hi Learsi Anyer, I m not familiar with Ragnarok Characters... But if it s a d20
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            @Barak - you flagged a Doc monkey... DOC is Docs, TM is tracker
            monkey... ;-)

            Hi Learsi Anyer,

            I'm not familiar with Ragnarok Characters... But if it's a d20 system
            and the source book is included then you should be able to make such a
            character in PCGen.

            Have you installed PCGen? Have you tried to make a character?

            In the future, can you please be more specific in your questions.
            Otherwise, I can only point you to load the program, read the docs and
            have fun.

            learsi anyer wrote:
            > pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this pcgen..thanks
            >
            > Barak <barak@...> wrote: > -----Original Message-----
            >
            >> Barak may be referring to the typo in the ADD:VFEAT| documentation
            >> that says:
            >>
            >
            > I was.
            >
            >
            >> If the feat being added has a chooser, ADD:"V"FEAT is the only tag
            >> which will activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not).
            >>
            >
            > And the word "only" should really be dropped now since both ADD:FEAT and
            > ADD:VFEAT will follow through on choosers.
            >
            > I'll flag it for a TM.
            >
            > Barak
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > ---------------------------------
            > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
            >
            >
            > PCGen's Release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
            > PCGen's Wiki: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/
            > PCGen's Roadmap: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Roadmap
            > PCGen's Alpha Build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
            > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/
            > PCGen's Data Help Grp: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >

            --
            ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            ~ Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
            ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
            "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"



            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • Eric C Smith
            [ 1885566 ] ADD:VFEAT does activate a chooser.
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
            • 0 Attachment
              [ 1885566 ] ADD:VFEAT does activate a chooser.

              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
              func=detail&aid=1885566&group_id=25576&atid=748234>

              On Feb 2, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Barak wrote:

              > > -----Original Message-----
              > > Barak may be referring to the typo in the ADD:VFEAT| documentation
              > > that says:
              >
              > I was.
              >
              > > If the feat being added has a chooser, ADD:"V"FEAT is the only tag
              > > which will activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not).
              >
              > And the word "only" should really be dropped now since both
              > ADD:FEAT and
              > ADD:VFEAT will follow through on choosers.
              >
              > I'll flag it for a TM.
              >
              > Barak
              >
              >
              >
            • Eric C Smith
              Hi Learsi! ... Can you give me more information on the source material? How is the publisher? Do you know if it is OGL? I have taken a quick glance through
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi Learsi!

                On Feb 2, 2008, at 5:29 PM, learsi anyer wrote:
                > pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this pcgen..thanks
                >
                Can you give me more information on the source material?

                How is the publisher? Do you know if it is OGL?

                I have taken a quick glance through out list of included datasets and
                can't find a Ragnarok.

                Eric Smith
                PR Siverback
              • Eric C Smith
                ... Who . . . :-)
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
                • 0 Attachment
                  On Feb 3, 2008, at 1:18 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:

                  > Hi Learsi!
                  >
                  > On Feb 2, 2008, at 5:29 PM, learsi anyer wrote:
                  > > pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this
                  > pcgen..thanks
                  > >
                  > Can you give me more information on the source material?
                  >
                  > How is the publisher? Do you know if it is OGL?
                  >
                  Who . . . :-)
                  >
                  >
                  > I have taken a quick glance through out list of included datasets and
                  > can't find a Ragnarok.
                  >
                  > Eric Smith
                  > PR Siverback
                  >
                • learsi anyer
                  hello sir . . . sorry, but I don t know what are you asking to me, about the source material or OGL . . . but 1 thing I know about ragnarok s publisher is
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
                  • 0 Attachment
                    hello sir . . .

                    sorry, but I don't know
                    what are you asking to me,
                    about the source material
                    or OGL . . .
                    but 1 thing I know about
                    ragnarok's publisher is
                    level-up-games company or gravity..

                    please help me., how to edit my ragnarok character..

                    thanks . . .

                    Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

                    On Feb 3, 2008, at 1:18 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:

                    > Hi Learsi!
                    >
                    > On Feb 2, 2008, at 5:29 PM, learsi anyer wrote:
                    > > pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this
                    > pcgen..thanks
                    > >
                    > Can you give me more information on the source material?
                    >
                    > How is the publisher? Do you know if it is OGL?
                    >
                    Who . . . :-)
                    >
                    >
                    > I have taken a quick glance through out list of included datasets and
                    > can't find a Ragnarok.
                    >
                    > Eric Smith
                    > PR Siverback
                    >






                    ---------------------------------
                    Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • Eric C Smith
                    Hi Learsi! ... Thanks for the additional information! Checking with Level-Up Games and Gravity Corp, it appears that Ragnarok is a MMORPG and not a d20 based
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Hi Learsi!

                      On Feb 3, 2008, at 1:03 PM, learsi anyer wrote:
                      > hello sir . . .
                      >
                      > sorry, but I don't know
                      > what are you asking to me,
                      > about the source material
                      > or OGL . . .
                      > but 1 thing I know about
                      > ragnarok's publisher is
                      > level-up-games company or gravity..
                      >
                      > please help me., how to edit my ragnarok character..
                      >
                      > thanks . . .
                      >
                      Thanks for the additional information!

                      Checking with Level-Up Games and Gravity Corp, it appears that
                      Ragnarok is a MMORPG and not a d20 based pen-and-paper RPG which is
                      the gaming system and style that PCGen is designed to support.

                      That means it is unlikely that we will be able to help you edit your
                      character.

                      Eric Smith
                      PR Silverback
                      PCGen Project
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.