doc question

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
      The doc for ADD:VFEAT has the following blurb:

      "If the feat being added has a chooser ADD:FEAT is the only tag which will
      activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not)."

      Is this a copy/paste error? I thought ADD:VFEAT would follow through on the
      choosers...

      If it isn't, then what is the difference between ADD:VFEAT and VFEAT?

      Barak
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
        On Feb 1, 2008 4:44 PM, Barak <barak@...> wrote:
        > The doc for ADD:VFEAT has the following blurb:
        >
        > "If the feat being added has a chooser ADD:FEAT is the only tag which will
        > activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not)."
        >
        > Is this a copy/paste error? I thought ADD:VFEAT would follow through on the
        > choosers...

        Correct. Only an ADD: function will generate choosers. ADD:FEAT or
        ADD:VFEAT. (ADD:ABILITY never worked right for me, since it tried to
        encapsulate all the ADD functions in one, but I haven't tested it in a
        while.)

        > If it isn't, then what is the difference between ADD:VFEAT and VFEAT?
        >
        > Barak

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
          > > The doc for ADD:VFEAT has the following blurb:
          > >
          > > "If the feat being added has a chooser ADD:FEAT is the only tag
          which will
          > > activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not)."
          > >
          > > Is this a copy/paste error? I thought ADD:VFEAT would follow
          through on the
          > > choosers...
          >
          > Correct. Only an ADD: function will generate choosers. ADD:FEAT or
          > ADD:VFEAT. (ADD:ABILITY never worked right for me, since it tried to
          > encapsulate all the ADD functions in one, but I haven't tested it in a
          > while.)
          >
          > > If it isn't, then what is the difference between ADD:VFEAT and VFEAT?

          Barak may be referring to the typo in the ADD:VFEAT| documentation
          that says:
          --
          If the feat being added has a chooser, ADD:FEAT is the only tag which
          will activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not).
          --
          rather than
          --
          which will activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not).
          --
          Probably a cut-n-paste overlook from the ADD:FEAT| documentation.
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008

            I was.

            > If the feat being added has a chooser, ADD:"V"FEAT is the only tag
            > which will activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not).

            And the word "only" should really be dropped now since both ADD:FEAT and
            ADD:VFEAT will follow through on choosers.

            I'll flag it for a TM.

            Barak
          • learsi anyer
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
              pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this pcgen..thanks

              Barak <barak@...> wrote: > -----Original Message-----
              > Barak may be referring to the typo in the ADD:VFEAT| documentation
              > that says:

              I was.

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
                @Barak - you flagged a Doc monkey... DOC is Docs, TM is tracker
                monkey... ;-)

                Hi Learsi Anyer,

                I'm not familiar with Ragnarok Characters... But if it's a d20 system
                and the source book is included then you should be able to make such a
                character in PCGen.

                Have you installed PCGen? Have you tried to make a character?

                In the future, can you please be more specific in your questions.
                Otherwise, I can only point you to load the program, read the docs and
                have fun.

                learsi anyer wrote:
                > pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this pcgen..thanks
                >
                > Barak <barak@...> wrote: > -----Original Message-----
                >
                >> Barak may be referring to the typo in the ADD:VFEAT| documentation
                >> that says:
                >>

                > I was.
                >

                >> If the feat being added has a chooser, ADD:"V"FEAT is the only tag
                >> which will activate it (VFEAT, MFEAT and FEATAUTO will not).
                >>

                > And the word "only" should really be dropped now since both ADD:FEAT and
                > ADD:VFEAT will follow through on choosers.
                >
                > I'll flag it for a TM.
                >
                > Barak

                ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
                  [ 1885566 ] ADD:VFEAT does activate a chooser.

                  <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                  func=detail&aid=1885566&group_id=25576&atid=748234>

                  On Feb 2, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Barak wrote:

> [...]
                • Eric C Smith
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
                    Hi Learsi!

                    On Feb 2, 2008, at 5:29 PM, learsi anyer wrote:
                    > pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this pcgen..thanks

                    Can you give me more information on the source material?

                    How is the publisher? Do you know if it is OGL?

                    I have taken a quick glance through out list of included datasets and
                    can't find a Ragnarok.

                    Eric Smith
                    PR Siverback
                  • Eric C Smith
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
                      On Feb 3, 2008, at 1:18 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:

                      > Hi Learsi!
                      >
                      > On Feb 2, 2008, at 5:29 PM, learsi anyer wrote:
                      > > pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this
                      > pcgen..thanks
                      > >
                      > Can you give me more information on the source material?
                      >
                      > How is the publisher? Do you know if it is OGL?

                      Who . . . :-)

                      > I have taken a quick glance through out list of included datasets and
                      > can't find a Ragnarok.
                      >
                      > Eric Smith
                      > PR Siverback

                    • learsi anyer
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
                        hello sir . . .

                        sorry, but I don't know
                        what are you asking to me,
                        about the source material
                        or OGL . . .
                        but 1 thing I know about
                        ragnarok's publisher is
                        level-up-games company or gravity..

                        please help me., how to edit my ragnarok character..

                        thanks . . .

                        Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

                        On Feb 3, 2008, at 1:18 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:

                        > Hi Learsi!
                        >
                        > On Feb 2, 2008, at 5:29 PM, learsi anyer wrote:
                        > > pls teach me how to edit a ragnarok character using this
                        > pcgen..thanks
                        > >
                        > Can you give me more information on the source material?
                        >
                        > How is the publisher? Do you know if it is OGL?

                        Who . . . :-)

                        > I have taken a quick glance through out list of included datasets and
                        > can't find a Ragnarok.
                        >
                        > Eric Smith
                        > PR Siverback

                      • Eric C Smith
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
                          Hi Learsi!

                          On Feb 3, 2008, at 1:03 PM, learsi anyer wrote:
                          > hello sir . . .
                          >
                          > sorry, but I don't know
                          > what are you asking to me,
                          > about the source material
                          > or OGL . . .
                          > but 1 thing I know about
                          > ragnarok's publisher is
                          > level-up-games company or gravity..
                          >
                          > please help me., how to edit my ragnarok character..
                          >
                          > thanks . . .

                          Thanks for the additional information!

                          Checking with Level-Up Games and Gravity Corp, it appears that
                          Ragnarok is a MMORPG and not a d20 based pen-and-paper RPG which is
                          the gaming system and style that PCGen is designed to support.

                          That means it is unlikely that we will be able to help you edit your
                          character.

                          Eric Smith
                          PR Silverback
                          PCGen Project