Re: [pcgen] Looking for a PDF Output Sheet guru

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 28, 2008
      Frugal scribed:

      >> What we are looking to add are blocks for some of the new ability
      >> objects, these include separate blocks for Special Attacks, Special
      >> Qualities, Salient Divine Abilities and Mutations (from Modern).
      >
      > I will try to send you the ones I did for my personal use.

      Cool, thanks. Looking forward to it.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
        On Sunday 27 January 2008 21:01:05 Eddy Anthony wrote:
        > Greetings
        > I'm looking for someone who understands the OS/PDF system PCGen uses,
        > we are in need of adding some new blocks to the sheets and we don't have
        > anyone currently available to make the changes.

        I've been looking into that recently to adapt my own output sheet, so I guess
        I could also try to get this stuff into the "official" sheets.

        Is the documentation on output sheet tokens in SVN current on what's
        available? I can't seem to find a way to iterate over abilty categories...

        Regards,
        Stefan.
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
          Stefan Radermacher wrote:
          > On Sunday 27 January 2008 21:01:05 Eddy Anthony wrote:
          >
          >> Greetings
          >> I'm looking for someone who understands the OS/PDF system PCGen uses,
          >> we are in need of adding some new blocks to the sheets and we don't have
          >> anyone currently available to make the changes.
          >>

          > I've been looking into that recently to adapt my own output sheet, so I guess
          > I could also try to get this stuff into the "official" sheets.
          >
          > Is the documentation on output sheet tokens in SVN current on what's
          > available? I can't seem to find a way to iterate over abilty categories...
          >
          > Regards,
          > Stefan.

          Looks a little out of date, the FOR entry needs to be updated to say you
          can use the count() JEP function like so:

          |FOR,%specialAbilities,0,count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=Special
          Ability")-1,1,0|
        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
            On Friday 01 February 2008 14:55:13 Eddy Anthony wrote:

            > Looks a little out of date, the FOR entry needs to be updated to say you
            > can use the count() JEP function like so:
            > |FOR,%specialAbilities,0,count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=Special
            > Ability")-1,1,0|

            Well, that would give me the entries in the Category "Special Ability", but
            what I'm looking for is a way to get a list of all the Categories that are
            defined, so that I can know there actually is one named "Special Ability"
            for example.

            Stefan.
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
              Stefan Radermacher wrote:
              > On Friday 01 February 2008 14:55:13 Eddy Anthony wrote:
              >
              >> Looks a little out of date, the FOR entry needs to be updated to say you
              >> can use the count() JEP function like so:
              >> |FOR,%specialAbilities,0,count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=Special
              >> Ability")-1,1,0|
              >>

              > Well, that would give me the entries in the Category "Special Ability", but
              > what I'm looking for is a way to get a list of all the Categories that are
              > defined, so that I can know there actually is one named "Special Ability"
              > for example.
              >
              > Stefan.

              I get it, no I don't think there is a way to do that currently.

              I take it you are looking to build a single block that outputs all
              abilities instead of multiple blocks for specific categories? I can see
              that being useful, you would need to filter some out, Feats would be
              done elsewhere (unless we wanted to let this block output those) and
              category "Internal" is not meant to be output at all.

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
                When I was using Firefox, character and spell previews would show up as
                a new tab in the current window.

                Now that I am using IE7, with all the tabbed stuff set up, it shows up
                as a new tab in a new window.

                The browser path set as "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

                IE7 options for opening from a program is set to new tab in current window.

                The .ini file looks ok, Help!?

                -- David
                Papa-DRB

                Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>
                My better half and me <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
              • taluroniscandar
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:

                  > When I was using Firefox, character and spell previews would show
                  up as
                  > a new tab in the current window.
                  >
                  > Now that I am using IE7, with all the tabbed stuff set up, it shows
                  up
                  > as a new tab in a new window.
                  >
                  > The browser path set as "C:\Program Files\Internet
                  Explorer\iexplore.exe"

                  > IE7 options for opening from a program is set to new tab in current
                  window.

                  > The .ini file looks ok, Help!?

                  In my experience IE7 is programmed to ignore that setting until at
                  least the next time you start the computer.

                  It always does that to me. Never works right away. No help to you, I
                  know. Just saying you're not the only one with that problem.
                • David R. Bender
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
                    Yea, but I have rebooted since changing the setting and it *still*
                    doesn't work... I hate IE