Overriding loaded data

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2008

      I am trying to override a feat prerequisite for one of the Feats in
      the Complete Arcana rulebook. The standard feat (Draconic Heritage)
      requires at least one level of sorcerer. Our DM has extended his in
      our campaign to allow our wizard to take the feat.

      Here is the original defined feat:
      #Draconic Heritage TYPE:General.Draconic
      PRECLASS:1,Sorcerer=1 SA:Draconic Heritage
      +%|COUNT[FEATTYPE=Draconic] DESC:You have greater connection with your
      distant draconic
      bloodline. ADD:FEAT|1|TYPE=DraconicHeritage SOURCELONG:Complete
      Arcane SOURCESHORT:cmparc SOURCEPAGE:p.77 BENEFIT:Choose one dragon
      and gain the indicated skill as a class skill. This cannot be changed
      once this feat is taken. Half-dragons must choose the same dragon kind
      as their dragon parent. You gain a bonus on sleep and paralysis, as
      well as spells and abilities with the energy type of your Draconic
      Heritage. This bonus is equal to the number of draconic feats you
      have.

      I would like to change PRECLASS to PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER.Arcane=1

      And I have tried the following in my_feats.lst

      Draconic Heritage.MOD PRECLASS:.CLEAR.1,Sorcerer=1 PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER.Arcane=1

      Draconic Heritage.MOD PRECLASS:.CLEAR PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER.Arcane=1

      Neither works. The first option results in the following text
      appearing in the feat info pane in PCGen "Requirements:at least 1
      levels of Sorcerer and at least 1 of ( at least 1 levels of .CLEAR.1,
      at least 1 levels of Sorcerer ) and at least 1 levels of
      SPELLCASTER.Arcane"

      The second option results in "Requirements:at least 1 levels of
      Sorcerer and at least 1 levels of .CLEAR. and at least 1 levels of
      SPELLCASTER.Arcane"

      Clearly I am doing something wrong. Can anyone help me out here?

      Rich
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2008
        Rich wrote:
        > I would like to change PRECLASS to PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER.Arcane=1
        >
        > And I have tried the following in my_feats.lst
        >
        > Draconic Heritage.MOD PRECLASS:.CLEAR.1,Sorcerer=1 PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER.Arcane=1
        >
        > Draconic Heritage.MOD PRECLASS:.CLEAR PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER.Arcane=1
        >
        > Neither works. The first option results in the following text
        > appearing in the feat info pane in PCGen "Requirements:at least 1
        > levels of Sorcerer and at least 1 of ( at least 1 levels of .CLEAR.1,
        > at least 1 levels of Sorcerer ) and at least 1 levels of
        > SPELLCASTER.Arcane"
        >
        > The second option results in "Requirements:at least 1 levels of
        > Sorcerer and at least 1 levels of .CLEAR. and at least 1 levels of
        > SPELLCASTER.Arcane"
        >
        > Clearly I am doing something wrong. Can anyone help me out here?
        >
        > Rich

        I don't think you can clear specific PRE tags, you can clear all of them
        and then just add them all back changing what you want, try this:

        Draconic Heritage.MOD PRE:.CLEAR PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER.Arcane=1

        PRE:.CLEAR will wipe out all the PRE tags in the object, so add back
        any others in your .MOD that you are not changing.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Rich
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2008
          Eddy wrote:

          > I don't think you can clear specific PRE tags, you can clear all of them
          > and then just add them all back changing what you want, try this:
          >
          > Draconic Heritage.MOD PRE:.CLEAR PRECLASS:1,SPELLCASTER.Arcane=1

          Cool. That worked. Thanks :-)

          --

          Rich