Re: Understanding Documentation

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2008
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Merrick" <mbrownjr56@...> wrote:

      > I'm trying to add some bonus skills to my characterand the the
      > documentation seems pretty straight forward with one exception.
      > It tells me what tags to use and how to word it, but it doesn't say
      > where to put it.
      >
      > My character received 1 bonus skill rank in Knowledge (Nobility and
      > Royalty). PCGen won't let me add this due to my exceeding my skill
      > rank ceiling. In case I didn't mention it I'm talking 3.5e.

      The method I use to do something like this is a 0 cost feat:

      Taluron's Bonus Skill
      TYPE:HouseRule
      COST:0
      BONUS:SKILL|This Skill,That Skill,The Other Skill|1
      VISIBLE:DISPLAY

      Then, in PCGen go to the feat tab and select the feat for the
      character.
      Be sure to use BONUS:SKILL not BONUS:SKILLRANK so that the max ranks
      for the char won't be an issue.
      COST:0 means that a feat won't be charged.
      VISIBLE:DISPLAY means the feat itself won't print.

      I used to do it with equipment but feats are easier.