Understanding Documentation

  • Merrick
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
      I'm trying to add some bonus skills to my characterand the the
      documentation seems pretty straight forward with one exception.
      It tells me what tags to use and how to word it, but it doesn't say
      where to put it.

      My character received 1 bonus skill rank in Knowledge (Nobility and
      Royalty). PCGen won't let me add this due to my exceeding my skill
      rank ceiling. In case I didn't mention it I'm talking 3.5e.

      Help, comments, derogatory statements all welcome.

      Merrick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
        How does this benefit manifest?

        Is it a Feat?
        Is it a Class Feature?
        Is it a Template?
        Is this just a freebie with no explanation?

        The bonus can be placed in any file, even equipment... (Global tags are
        nice that way)

        If it's not any of the above, then just make a template with the bonus.

        Merrick wrote:
        > I'm trying to add some bonus skills to my characterand the the
        > documentation seems pretty straight forward with one exception.
        > It tells me what tags to use and how to word it, but it doesn't say
        > where to put it.
        >
        > My character received 1 bonus skill rank in Knowledge (Nobility and
        > Royalty). PCGen won't let me add this due to my exceeding my skill
        > rank ceiling. In case I didn't mention it I'm talking 3.5e.
        >
        > Help, comments, derogatory statements all welcome.
        >
        > Merrick

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      • Merrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2008
          I tried making a template, but instead of listing the skill with the
          bonus rank, the template was just tack on to the bottom of the
          character sheet.

          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
          > > PCGen's Online Docs:
          > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
          > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 30, 2008
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Merrick" <mbrownjr56@...> wrote:

            > I'm trying to add some bonus skills to my characterand the the
            > documentation seems pretty straight forward with one exception.
            > It tells me what tags to use and how to word it, but it doesn't say
            > where to put it.
            >
            > My character received 1 bonus skill rank in Knowledge (Nobility and
            > Royalty). PCGen won't let me add this due to my exceeding my skill
            > rank ceiling. In case I didn't mention it I'm talking 3.5e.

            The method I use to do something like this is a 0 cost feat:

            Taluron's Bonus Skill
            TYPE:HouseRule
            COST:0
            BONUS:SKILL|This Skill,That Skill,The Other Skill|1
            VISIBLE:DISPLAY

            Then, in PCGen go to the feat tab and select the feat for the
            character.
            Be sure to use BONUS:SKILL not BONUS:SKILLRANK so that the max ranks
            for the char won't be an issue.
            COST:0 means that a feat won't be charged.
            VISIBLE:DISPLAY means the feat itself won't print.

            I used to do it with equipment but feats are easier.