Looking for a PDF Output Sheet guru

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 27, 2008
      Greetings
      I'm looking for someone who understands the OS/PDF system PCGen uses, we
      are in need of adding some new blocks to the sheets and we don't have anyone
      currently available to make the changes.

      What we are looking to add are blocks for some of the new ability
      objects, these include separate blocks for Special Attacks, Special
      Qualities, Salient Divine Abilities and Mutations (from Modern).

      Of course we are always looking for people to jump in completely but if
      you would just like to help on this one project, don't want to deal with svn
      or SourceForge (or whatever the reason) I would be happy to work with you
      and handle committing the files to the project if I can just find someone
      who can engineer them. Contact me off-list if you are interested.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Frugal
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 28, 2008
        On Sun, January 27, 2008 8:01 pm, Eddy Anthony wrote:
        > Greetings
        > I'm looking for someone who understands the OS/PDF system PCGen uses,
        > we
        > are in need of adding some new blocks to the sheets and we don't have
        > anyone
        > currently available to make the changes.
        >
        > What we are looking to add are blocks for some of the new ability
        > objects, these include separate blocks for Special Attacks, Special
        > Qualities, Salient Divine Abilities and Mutations (from Modern).

        I will try to send you the ones I did for my personal use.

        --
        regards,
        Frugal
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 28, 2008
          Frugal scribed:

          >> What we are looking to add are blocks for some of the new ability
          >> objects, these include separate blocks for Special Attacks, Special
          >> Qualities, Salient Divine Abilities and Mutations (from Modern).
          >
          > I will try to send you the ones I did for my personal use.

          Cool, thanks. Looking forward to it.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
            On Sunday 27 January 2008 21:01:05 Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > Greetings
            > I'm looking for someone who understands the OS/PDF system PCGen uses,
            > we are in need of adding some new blocks to the sheets and we don't have
            > anyone currently available to make the changes.

            I've been looking into that recently to adapt my own output sheet, so I guess
            I could also try to get this stuff into the "official" sheets.

            Is the documentation on output sheet tokens in SVN current on what's
            available? I can't seem to find a way to iterate over abilty categories...

            Regards,
            Stefan.
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
              Stefan Radermacher wrote:
              > On Sunday 27 January 2008 21:01:05 Eddy Anthony wrote:
              >
              >> Greetings
              >> I'm looking for someone who understands the OS/PDF system PCGen uses,
              >> we are in need of adding some new blocks to the sheets and we don't have
              >> anyone currently available to make the changes.
              >>

              > I've been looking into that recently to adapt my own output sheet, so I guess
              > I could also try to get this stuff into the "official" sheets.
              >
              > Is the documentation on output sheet tokens in SVN current on what's
              > available? I can't seem to find a way to iterate over abilty categories...
              >
              > Regards,
              > Stefan.

              Looks a little out of date, the FOR entry needs to be updated to say you
              can use the count() JEP function like so:

              |FOR,%specialAbilities,0,count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=Special
              Ability")-1,1,0|
            • Stefan Radermacher
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                On Friday 01 February 2008 14:55:13 Eddy Anthony wrote:

                > Looks a little out of date, the FOR entry needs to be updated to say you
                > can use the count() JEP function like so:
                > |FOR,%specialAbilities,0,count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=Special
                > Ability")-1,1,0|

                Well, that would give me the entries in the Category "Special Ability", but
                what I'm looking for is a way to get a list of all the Categories that are
                defined, so that I can know there actually is one named "Special Ability"
                for example.

                Stefan.
              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
                  Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                  > On Friday 01 February 2008 14:55:13 Eddy Anthony wrote:
                  >
                  >> Looks a little out of date, the FOR entry needs to be updated to say you
                  >> can use the count() JEP function like so:
                  >> |FOR,%specialAbilities,0,count("ABILITIES","CATEGORY=Special
                  >> Ability")-1,1,0|
                  >>

                  > Well, that would give me the entries in the Category "Special Ability", but
                  > what I'm looking for is a way to get a list of all the Categories that are
                  > defined, so that I can know there actually is one named "Special Ability"
                  > for example.
                  >
                  > Stefan.

                  I get it, no I don't think there is a way to do that currently.

                  I take it you are looking to build a single block that outputs all
                  abilities instead of multiple blocks for specific categories? I can see
                  that being useful, you would need to filter some out, Feats would be
                  done elsewhere (unless we wanted to let this block output those) and
                  category "Internal" is not meant to be output at all.

                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                • David R. Bender
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
                    When I was using Firefox, character and spell previews would show up as
                    a new tab in the current window.

                    Now that I am using IE7, with all the tabbed stuff set up, it shows up
                    as a new tab in a new window.

                    The browser path set as "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

                    IE7 options for opening from a program is set to new tab in current window.

                    The .ini file looks ok, Help!?

                    -- David
                    Papa-DRB

                    Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>
                    My better half and me <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
                  • taluroniscandar
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:

                      > When I was using Firefox, character and spell previews would show
                      up as
                      > a new tab in the current window.
                      >
                      > Now that I am using IE7, with all the tabbed stuff set up, it shows
                      up
                      > as a new tab in a new window.
                      >
                      > The browser path set as "C:\Program Files\Internet
                      Explorer\iexplore.exe"

                      > IE7 options for opening from a program is set to new tab in current
                      window.

                      > The .ini file looks ok, Help!?

                      In my experience IE7 is programmed to ignore that setting until at
                      least the next time you start the computer.

                      It always does that to me. Never works right away. No help to you, I
                      know. Just saying you're not the only one with that problem.
                    • David R. Bender
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
                        Yea, but I have rebooted since changing the setting and it *still*
                        doesn't work... I hate IE