Re: Vista Issues was Re: [pcgen] Two Problems with PCGen 5.12.1

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2008
      Hi Ben,

      Ben - Your running into a problem that was fixed. Rogue had an issue
      with the proficiencies. I'd recommend downloading PCGen 5.13.7 (Or
      5.13.8 if you don't mind waiting till Monday/Tuesday).

      The error messages are normal, as plenty of behind the changes took
      place, but you shouldn't be missing anything once the character is loaded.

      Literacy was removed.

      Hope that abates your fears. I'm running 5.13.dev without any problems.

      Eric C Smith wrote:
      > Hi Tony!
      >
      > If you havn't already, please take a look at the FAQ in the PCGen
      > Docs . . . Under "Out-of-MEmory and Java Issues"
      >
      > We have a subsection on Vista and XP . ..
      >
      > Maredudd
      >
      > On Jan 20, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Tony Lavalle wrote:
      >

      >> I have a question, is anyone having trouble with vista. I cannot
      >> seem to
      >> get PCgen running under vista.

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 20, 2008
        Hi Tony,

        I'm running PCGen on Vista without any problems.

        However, with that said, you will need to install a version of Java on
        your computer. PCGen will tell you you're missing JAVA. It requires JAVA
        1.5 - You can download it at Sun.com I think.

        And be sure to check out the "out of memory" issue. I didn't have that
        problem, but it never hurts to cover your bases.

        Tony Lavalle wrote:
        > I have a question, is anyone having trouble with vista. I cannot seem to
        > get PCgen running under vista.

      • Rayvenhaus
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 22, 2008
          Who would be the person to speak to concerning the website? I've been
          building and working with websites since 1992 and currently have several
          that are operational:

          www.myndworx.com
          pokeverse.myndworx.com
          blog.myndworx.com

          www.nexoscms.org was operational until recently, that project shut down.

          I am familiar with setting up, maintaining and operating community
          driven websites using a variety of different software platforms. I'd
          like to offer my assistance on the website/websites if needed as I'm not
          really a code monkey and can't offer help with the main project.

          I can be contacted at rayvenhaus at myndworx dot com.
        • Tom Parker
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 22, 2008
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Rayvenhaus <rayvenhaus@...> wrote:
            > Who would be the person to speak to concerning the website?

            Hi Rayvenhaus,

            Thanks for your offer of help.

            In case he doesn't see it, I have forwarded your post to Anestis, the
            leader of the Website team; he should follow up with you shortly.
            He's on Australia time, so he may not be awake at the moment... :)

            TP.
          • Anestis Kozakis
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 22, 2008
              On 08/01/22 21:58 +0000, Tom Parker gave their opinion about the
              topic of [pcgen] Re: Question concerning website...
              >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Rayvenhaus <rayvenhaus@...> wrote:
              >> Who would be the person to speak to concerning the website?
              >
              >Hi Rayvenhaus,
              >
              >Thanks for your offer of help.
              >
              >In case he doesn't see it, I have forwarded your post to Anestis, the
              >leader of the Website team; he should follow up with you shortly.

              Actually, I'm the Website 2nd, but in charge until our esteemed
              leader gets back :-)

              >He's on Australia time, so he may not be awake at the moment... :)

              Yup, will send an e-mail shortly.

              >TP.

              Anestis.
              --
              Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
              will lead you to the dragon's lair",