Re: [pcgen] Two Problems with PCGen 5.12.1

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2008
      BenKrauskopf scribed:

      > I've been using 5.10.2 for quite a while and tried to install 5.12.1
      > today as an upgrade (hoping it fixes an annoying problem with pdf
      > character sheets). The installation seems to go fine, but I've run
      > into a problem.
      >
      > If I attempt to load my character (a rogue) with the
      > installation "clean" and without attempting to bring over any of my
      > custom stuff from the old installation, the character loads but I get
      > errors about how I am no longer literate and how I am no longer
      > proficient with a long list of weapons (like short sword). I note the
      > same thing happening even if I create a brand new character and give
      > him a level of rogue. Note that this is in 3.0 mode, not 3.5 mode.
      >
      > Proficient weapons now seem to include only: Club, Crossbow (Heavy),
      > Gauntlet, Mace (Heavy), Morningstar, Quarterstaff, Rapier, Ray, Unarmed
      > Strike
      >
      > Is this just a matter of fixing a file somewhere? If so, which one?

      Hi BenKrauskopf

      There was a code bug which has since been fixed but not before 5.12.1
      was out the door. It's a pretty easy fix you can do with a text editor.

      The file you want is:
      data/d20ogl/srd/basics/srd_feats_hidden.lst

      Goto line #98, the feat is "Rogue Weapon Proficiencies"

      You will find that this feat has two AUTO:WEAPONPROF tags, the bug was that
      only the last one was being processed.

      To fix it just make all the weapons from the second AUTO:WEAPONPROF tag part
      of the first ones list and delete the second tag, also delete the
      [PRESIZEGTEQ:M] from the end of the tag.

      This will give the Rogue all the listed profs, it will also give small
      Rogues profs they shouldn't have but I assume you're OK with that :-)
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 20, 2008
        Hi Ben,

        Ben - Your running into a problem that was fixed. Rogue had an issue
        with the proficiencies. I'd recommend downloading PCGen 5.13.7 (Or
        5.13.8 if you don't mind waiting till Monday/Tuesday).

        The error messages are normal, as plenty of behind the changes took
        place, but you shouldn't be missing anything once the character is loaded.

        Literacy was removed.

        Hope that abates your fears. I'm running 5.13.dev without any problems.

        Eric C Smith wrote:
        > Hi Tony!
        >
        > If you havn't already, please take a look at the FAQ in the PCGen
        > Docs . . . Under "Out-of-MEmory and Java Issues"
        >
        > We have a subsection on Vista and XP . ..
        >
        > Maredudd
        >
        > On Jan 20, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Tony Lavalle wrote:
        >

        >> I have a question, is anyone having trouble with vista. I cannot
        >> seem to
        >> get PCgen running under vista.

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 20, 2008
          Hi Tony,

          I'm running PCGen on Vista without any problems.

          However, with that said, you will need to install a version of Java on
          your computer. PCGen will tell you you're missing JAVA. It requires JAVA
          1.5 - You can download it at Sun.com I think.

          And be sure to check out the "out of memory" issue. I didn't have that
          problem, but it never hurts to cover your bases.

          Tony Lavalle wrote:
          > I have a question, is anyone having trouble with vista. I cannot seem to
          > get PCgen running under vista.

        • Rayvenhaus
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 22, 2008
            Who would be the person to speak to concerning the website? I've been
            building and working with websites since 1992 and currently have several
            that are operational:

            www.myndworx.com
            pokeverse.myndworx.com
            blog.myndworx.com

            www.nexoscms.org was operational until recently, that project shut down.

            I am familiar with setting up, maintaining and operating community
            driven websites using a variety of different software platforms. I'd
            like to offer my assistance on the website/websites if needed as I'm not
            really a code monkey and can't offer help with the main project.

            I can be contacted at rayvenhaus at myndworx dot com.
          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 22, 2008
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Rayvenhaus <rayvenhaus@...> wrote:
              > Who would be the person to speak to concerning the website?

              Hi Rayvenhaus,

              Thanks for your offer of help.

              In case he doesn't see it, I have forwarded your post to Anestis, the
              leader of the Website team; he should follow up with you shortly.
              He's on Australia time, so he may not be awake at the moment... :)

              TP.
            • Anestis Kozakis
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 22, 2008
                On 08/01/22 21:58 +0000, Tom Parker gave their opinion about the
                topic of [pcgen] Re: Question concerning website...
                >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Rayvenhaus <rayvenhaus@...> wrote:
                >> Who would be the person to speak to concerning the website?
                >
                >Hi Rayvenhaus,
                >
                >Thanks for your offer of help.
                >
                >In case he doesn't see it, I have forwarded your post to Anestis, the
                >leader of the Website team; he should follow up with you shortly.

                Actually, I'm the Website 2nd, but in charge until our esteemed
                leader gets back :-)

                >He's on Australia time, so he may not be awake at the moment... :)

                Yup, will send an e-mail shortly.

                >TP.

                Anestis.
                --
                Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
                will lead you to the dragon's lair",