[OS] Output skill point cost and/or class skill field

  • zirvath
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008

      I'm customizing my output sheet and I'd like to know how to output
      either the Class Skill flag or the Skill Point cost for each skill. My
      ultimate goal is to bold the class skill names on the final output
      sheet.

      I've searched the web as well as this email list and couldn't find any
      useful information so any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      -Zirv
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008
        Hi Zirvath,

        zirvath wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm customizing my output sheet and I'd like to know how to output
        > either the Class Skill flag or the Skill Point cost for each skill. My
        > ultimate goal is to bold the class skill names on the final output
        > sheet.
        >
        > I've searched the web as well as this email list and couldn't find any
        > useful information so any help would be appreciated.

        As a non-OS [Output Sheet] monkey, I can't offer much guidance, but I
        can say that Class Skills are dependent upon which level you bought them
        as what class. If you are strictly staying one class then you won't have
        a problem, but unless you run a house rule, then any multiclass will
        give you odd results. It might be better to list an abbreviation of
        which class it is a class skill.

        Also, I think the OS monkeys and others that have been customizing the
        sheet are all over on the PCGenListFileHelp Y! group.
        > Thanks,
        > -Zirv

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      • zirvath
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 22, 2008
          Thanks for the reply. I realize class skills depend on the classes
          you take but when it comes time to put points into your skills it's
          based on your current class.

          Basically I have some people in my group who enjoy playing but aren't
          true D&D geeks. So having their current class skills flagged somehow
          really helps when it's time to pick new skills.

          Anyway, I'll try a post over on the PCGenListFileHelp list.

          Thanks again,
          Zirv

          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php