Re: [pcgen] Re: custom race problem

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2008
      Hi,

      On 18/01/2008 6:37 PM ltwally wrote
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:
      >
      >> On 18/01/2008, ltwally <ltwally@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> Malaugrim, which has 5 HD
      >>> and 4 feats. I set "Bonus starting feats" to 0, and enter all 4
      >>> feats under the "Selected Feats" section of the Feats tab.
      >>>
      >>> When I create a character based on this race, with 0 class levels
      >>> (just racial HD), I see the 4 automatically applied feats and PCGen telling me that I have 1 feat remaining.

      Here you have your 4 specific feats you have granted,. no starting feats
      and a feat received at 3HD. If you advance it to 6HD you should see a
      second feat available.

      >>> Example #2: I entered the stats for the Githzerai, which has 0 HD
      >>> and 0 feats. I set "Bonus starting feats" to 0, and leave the feats tab empty.
      >>>
      >>> When I create a character based on this race, with 1 class level,
      >>> PCGen reports 0 feats remaining.

      Here you have said no starting feats, so you get none and as you have
      not reached 3rd level you do not get a bonus feat yet.

      >> All characters get a feat every three levels or HD. This is a factor
      >> of the game mode rather than the race and would account for the
      >>
      > extra
      >
      >> feats you are seeing.
      >>

      > Then shouldn't a 5 HD monster have 2 feats listed as free?

      No, you have said no starting feat and the system is giving a feat every
      3 levels. When you hit 6th level/HD you should see 2 feats free.
      > Or, if PCGen is counting the 4 feats I through in to the template,
      > shouldn't the monster have -2 feats listed as free?
      >

      > Also, how does this factor in to my second example. That is a zero
      > HD monster, and a character based on it isn't getting a feat at 1st
      > level.

      I've provided specific info above - hope that helps.

      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB
    • ltwally
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2008
        So, for the first example, what can I do to get rid of that 3rd HD
        feat?