RE: [pcgen] Customize Item -- change range?

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2008

      That would mean you need to apply the "Distance" equipmod.

      Barak
    • Jeremy Trabue
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 17, 2008
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]

        Hi Barak:

        thanks for your reply to my post. I'm afraid I'm too ignorant for it
        to have been fully helpful.

        What is an equipmod, and how would I apply the "Distance" one? So far,
        I have only been in the "Create Custom Item" dialog box, and I don't
        see anything there that seems to match that nomenclature.

        What am I doing wrong?

        Thanks in advance,

        --JT
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 17, 2008

          Since PCGen strictly follows the item creation rules from the DMG, you have
          to have a magic item before you can apply other special abilities.

          Right click on the item, select to customize it, give it a bonus (one of the
          +# type) and then all the other options available will appear in the list
          and then you select the "Distance" one.

          Barak
        • Jeremy Trabue
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 17, 2008
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

            Thanks again! That seems like progress -- however, there is a "Distant
            Shot" attribute, which eliminates all range penalties, but I don't see
            a "Distance" attribute. (I did find the "returning" attribute, though!)

            Further guidance? Thanks again and sorry to be a pest!

            --JT
          • taluroniscandar
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 19, 2008
              > Thanks again! That seems like progress -- however, there is a "Distant
              > Shot" attribute, which eliminates all range penalties, but I don't see
              > a "Distance" attribute. (I did find the "returning" attribute, though!)
              >
              > Further guidance? Thanks again and sorry to be a pest!

              Distant Shot is from the epic part of the RSRD.
              Distance is from the basic part of the RSRD.

              I have both loaded (I load Complete which loads all parts) and
              Distance is the entry directly above Distant Shot.

              What RSRD source material loader are you using?