Custom Race question

  • ltwally
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
      I'm trying to create a custom race with Spell Resistance 15+Class
      Level.

      So I go to the Race Editor > Advanced tab,
      Select "SR",
      Tag value: "15+CL"

      Then I go to create a character with this race, and no matter how
      many class levels I add, the SR is always set to 15.

      What am I doing wrong?
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
        ltwally scribed:

        > I'm trying to create a custom race with Spell Resistance 15+Class
        > Level.
        >
        > So I go to the Race Editor > Advanced tab,
        > Select "SR",
        > Tag value: "15+CL"
        >
        > Then I go to create a character with this race, and no matter how
        > many class levels I add, the SR is always set to 15.
        >
        > What am I doing wrong?

        The variable CL is only valid in class lines, outside of a class PCGen has
        no way to know which class you mean.

        You should use TL (Total levels)

        Or if you don't want to count monster hit dice use (TL-HD)
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • ltwally
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2008
          Eddy,

          Thank you. That solution worked nicely.

          I am encountering another custom race issue, as well:

          My critter is 5 HD, and has 4 racial feats, which I have placed under
          Feats > Selected Feats.

          However, when I go to create a new character using this race, there
          is always 1 available feat. There should be 0 available feats...

          Any idea what I am doing wrong?

          Thanks again!