Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

How To Choose Between an Armor Type (Heavy, Light or Medium)

Expand Messages
  • musicguerilla
    ok i m working on a feat here, but i don t seem to have the command properly used. How do i have the program implement a Choose feature that allows
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      ok i'm working on a feat here, but i don't seem to have the <CHOOSE>
      command properly used. How do i have the program implement a Choose
      feature that allows you to pick one of the base armor types as listed
      in the Subject line? it stacks, BUT, you can only choose another armor
      type.
      Then i'm trying to figure out how to have the program look to see if
      you're wearing the proper armor type before it grants the spiffy foo
      bonus. (NOTE: <ARMORTYPE:x|y> changes the armor type from one type to
      another (i.e. changes Light armor into Medium armor), so that's not
      applicable here.

      as always, great job gang!

      Bri

      "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
      really annoyed he has to subtract 6 HP off 200 guys!"
    • musicguerilla
      Here s the line i do have: PREARMORPROF:1,TYPE.Heavy,TYPE.Light,TYPE.Medium ... ... listed ... armor ... if ... foo ... to
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Here's the line i do have:

        PREARMORPROF:1,TYPE.Heavy,TYPE.Light,TYPE.Medium

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...>
        wrote:
        >
        > ok i'm working on a feat here, but i don't seem to have the
        <CHOOSE>
        > command properly used. How do i have the program implement a Choose
        > feature that allows you to pick one of the base armor types as
        listed
        > in the Subject line? it stacks, BUT, you can only choose another
        armor
        > type.
        > Then i'm trying to figure out how to have the program look to see
        if
        > you're wearing the proper armor type before it grants the spiffy
        foo
        > bonus. (NOTE: <ARMORTYPE:x|y> changes the armor type from one type
        to
        > another (i.e. changes Light armor into Medium armor), so that's not
        > applicable here.
        >
        > as always, great job gang!
        >
        > Bri
        >
        > "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
        > really annoyed he has to subtract 6 HP off 200 guys!"
        >
      • musicguerilla
        OK i m getting tired: i forgot the Choice command uses Pipes AND i sent the wrong line anyway lmao! It s pushing onto 3 am here :) Still, i don t have it set
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          OK i'm getting tired: i forgot the Choice command uses Pipes AND i sent
          the wrong line anyway lmao! It's pushing onto 3 am here :)

          Still, i don't have it set up quite properly. The Chooser box lines has
          some choices to pick from, but the lines are _totally_ blank. It'll let
          you add 'em but you won't know what you're getting lol

          Here's the new line:

          <CHOOSE:|1|TYPE.Heavy|TYPE.Light|TYPE.Medium>

          also, just out of curiousity, here's my prereq line too:

          <PREARMORPROF:1,TYPE.Heavy,TYPE.Light,TYPE.Medium>

          is that correct?

          Any suggestions?

          "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
          really annoyed he has to subtract 6 HP off 200 guys!"

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...> wrote:
          >
          > Here's the line i do have:
          >
          > PREARMORPROF:1,TYPE.Heavy,TYPE.Light,TYPE.Medium
          >
          > > "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
          > > really annoyed he has to subtract 6 HP off 200 guys!"
          > >
          >
        • musicguerilla
          OK disregard all this stuff, i just realized it was all posted to the wrong pcgen group, it s all posted now in the listfile group where it belongs plus its
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            OK disregard all this stuff, i just realized it was all posted to the
            wrong pcgen group, it's all posted now in the listfile group where it
            belongs plus its now condensed in one message :)

            Thanks all!!! :)

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...>
            wrote:
            >
            > OK i'm getting tired: i forgot the Choice command uses Pipes AND i
            sent
            > the wrong line anyway lmao! It's pushing onto 3 am here :)
            >
            > Still, i don't have it set up quite properly. The Chooser box lines
            has
            > some choices to pick from, but the lines are _totally_ blank. It'll
            let
            > you add 'em but you won't know what you're getting lol
            >
            > Here's the new line:
            >
            > <CHOOSE:|1|TYPE.Heavy|TYPE.Light|TYPE.Medium>
            >
            > also, just out of curiousity, here's my prereq line too:
            >
            > <PREARMORPROF:1,TYPE.Heavy,TYPE.Light,TYPE.Medium>
            >
            > is that correct?
            >
            > Any suggestions?
            >
            > "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
            > really annoyed he has to subtract 6 HP off 200 guys!"
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@>
            wrote:
            > >
            > > Here's the line i do have:
            > >
            > > PREARMORPROF:1,TYPE.Heavy,TYPE.Light,TYPE.Medium
            > >
            > > > "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM
            is
            > > > really annoyed he has to subtract 6 HP off 200 guys!"
            > > >
            > >
            >
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.