Zombie Template

  • Joey Derrico
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
      I am having a problem with the Zombie Template. I am trying to make
      several creatures into zombies (Human Warriors and Commoners, Dwarf
      Barbarians and Owlbears amongst others) It gives the Slam attack,
      removes CON, INT and WIS and it lists the single action, but it doesn't
      give the Natural Armor or Damage Reduction. It also doesn't remove feats
      or skills from the base creature. I am using version 5.12.1

      Joey
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2008
        Joey Derrico wrote:
        > I am having a problem with the Zombie Template. I am trying to make
        > several creatures into zombies (Human Warriors and Commoners, Dwarf
        > Barbarians and Owlbears amongst others) It gives the Slam attack,
        > removes CON, INT and WIS and it lists the single action, but it doesn't
        > give the Natural Armor or Damage Reduction. It also doesn't remove feats
        > or skills from the base creature. I am using version 5.12.1
        >
        > Joey

        Hi Joey
        Not removing the feats and skills is a known issue, PCGen currently
        does not have a function that can do this. You can remove these manually.

        I'm not sure about the AC and DR but that's probably a bug, I'll
        look into it and get that in.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2008
          Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > Joey Derrico wrote:
          >
          >> I am having a problem with the Zombie Template. I am trying to make
          >> several creatures into zombies (Human Warriors and Commoners, Dwarf
          >> Barbarians and Owlbears amongst others) It gives the Slam attack,
          >> removes CON, INT and WIS and it lists the single action, but it doesn't
          >> give the Natural Armor or Damage Reduction. It also doesn't remove feats
          >> or skills from the base creature. I am using version 5.12.1
          >>
          >> Joey
          >>

          > Hi Joey
          > Not removing the feats and skills is a known issue, PCGen currently
          > does not have a function that can do this. You can remove these manually.
          >
          > I'm not sure about the AC and DR but that's probably a bug, I'll
          > look into it and get that in.

          BTW if you didn't notice we have implemented all the sample zombies in
          the text as default monsters each as a separate race. This is so they
          will match the text exactly and they don't actually use the template.

          Looks like the AC bonus is in there it's just not got the Natural TYPE,
          so it should show up, just under MISC instead, I'll get that fixed.

          The DR was probably overlooked because it is only mentioned in the
          sample zombie stat blocks and not under special abilities that the
          template grants. Probably an oversite, the Skeleton has a similar DR
          which is mentioned under special abilities. I'll get that fixed up too.

          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • Joey Derrico
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2008
            the DR is in the errata up on the wizards site.

            And Thanks

            Joey