Re: Add experience doesn't work for CR>20

  • graham.pursey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008

      > Table wasn't fleshed out.
      >
      > I've filled out the table completely for Party Level up to 30.
      > (r4797). Will take a compile if you want to use it now....
      >
      > If anyone wants to keep filling out the XML table, feel free.
      > Calculations for XP are in an .XLS sheet I uploaded (to
      > PCGenListFileHelp > Files > Misc, IIRC.) That, or using the rules I
      > figured out and posted to the tracker, someone better at scripting
      > than I feel at the moment can set it up and run it. (I basically
      did
      > that myself, but didn't feel like making sure the formatting of the
      > file was right, so I copied them over into the file once the numbers
      > were run.)
      >
      > The tracker is very open-ended, so I'm done with it. One of the
      > Silverbacks can decide when it has been filled out enough to close
      the
      > tracker.
      >
      > On Dec 30, 2007 8:53 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
      > > Any version of PC Gen, GM tools. You can't do an add experience to
      > > party if the CR of the creature is over 20. I suspect that there
      is a
      > > limit of 20 somewhere in the code.
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

      Rather than use a fix table would it be better to calculate it
      instead since it wont be limited then?
      It should be a straight forward calculation.
      If CR is even subtract from 20 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
      by the XP gained for CR 20 to get total XP.
      If CR is odd, subtract from 19 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
      by the XP gained for CR 19 to get total XP.
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
        On Jan 3, 2008 6:29 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Table wasn't fleshed out.
        > >
        > > I've filled out the table completely for Party Level up to 30.
        > > (r4797). Will take a compile if you want to use it now....
        > >
        > > If anyone wants to keep filling out the XML table, feel free.
        > > Calculations for XP are in an .XLS sheet I uploaded (to
        > > PCGenListFileHelp > Files > Misc, IIRC.) That, or using the rules I
        > > figured out and posted to the tracker, someone better at scripting
        > > than I feel at the moment can set it up and run it. (I basically
        > did
        > > that myself, but didn't feel like making sure the formatting of the
        > > file was right, so I copied them over into the file once the numbers
        > > were run.)
        > >
        > > The tracker is very open-ended, so I'm done with it. One of the
        > > Silverbacks can decide when it has been filled out enough to close
        > the
        > > tracker.
        > >
        > > On Dec 30, 2007 8:53 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
        > > > Any version of PC Gen, GM tools. You can't do an add experience to
        > > > party if the CR of the creature is over 20. I suspect that there
        > is a
        > > > limit of 20 somewhere in the code.
        > >
        > > --
        > > Tir Gwaith
        > > PCGen LST Chimp
        > >
        > Rather than use a fix table would it be better to calculate it
        > instead since it wont be limited then?
        > It should be a straight forward calculation.
        > If CR is even subtract from 20 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
        > by the XP gained for CR 20 to get total XP.
        > If CR is odd, subtract from 19 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
        > by the XP gained for CR 19 to get total XP.

        I'm looking into that for the future, since I figured out the whole
        formula from start to finish, except for the lower extremeties of the
        the table. See the tracker for more info.

        You forgot one rule tho: it only works where CR is no more than 7
        levels away from "Party Level"

        The first step is going to be moving something like that to GameMode
        (right now, it is global across all systems, in the code), possibly
        move it out to a text file at the same time, and then we can talk
        about making it work with a formula.

        PCGen LST Chimp