Re: [pcgen] [Bug] Weird effect with Bonus VAR and ability pools

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi Andrew

      I think what is happening is that the BONUS:ABILITYPOOL is also being
      added for each time the ability is taken. Try moving BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Force
      Powers|ForceTrainingNumber out of the ability and see if that fixes it.

      Andrew Maitland scribed:

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008

        > On 1/1/08, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
        > > Ok, this one is just plain odd.
        > >
        > > IN a ABILITY file:
        > > Foo Feat
        > > BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Force Powers|ForceTrainingNumber
        > > BONUS:VAR|ForceTrainingNumber|WIS
        > > BONUS:VAR|ForceTrainingNumber|1|TYPE=Initial CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
        > > MULT:YES
        > > STACK:YES
        > > (Can be no, but doesn't make a difference, I tried both ways)
        > > SA:Force Powers Known: %|ForceTrainingNumber
        > > DEFINE:ForceTrainingNumber|0
        > >

        > You realize you have a : in the SA tag? That used to cause problems
        > in the past. Maybe not anymore, but my eyes let me know it is a
        > potential problem.
        >
        > I hate the way BONUS in feats/abilities has flip-flopped on how it is
        > processed. I get confused as to how it is interpreted by PCGen
        > whenever I'm looking at this stuff.
        >
        > I much prefer
        > BONUS:VAR|ForceTrainingNumber|(WIS*COUNT[FEATNAME=Foo Feat])
        >
        > (Very clear it is adding that every time the feat is taken.)

        At one point, this was the only way to get this to work.
        And the count had to be in a hidden feat that wasn't selected multiple
        times, although I believe that limitation has been corrected.
        See Psionic Talent/Psionic Talent Power Points [rsrd] for an example
        feat/hidden feat created before this limitation was corrected.