Re: [pcgen] Add experience doesn't work for CR>20

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
      Table wasn't fleshed out.

      I've filled out the table completely for Party Level up to 30.
      (r4797). Will take a compile if you want to use it now....

      If anyone wants to keep filling out the XML table, feel free.
      Calculations for XP are in an .XLS sheet I uploaded (to
      PCGenListFileHelp > Files > Misc, IIRC.) That, or using the rules I
      figured out and posted to the tracker, someone better at scripting
      than I feel at the moment can set it up and run it. (I basically did
      that myself, but didn't feel like making sure the formatting of the
      file was right, so I copied them over into the file once the numbers
      were run.)

      The tracker is very open-ended, so I'm done with it. One of the
      Silverbacks can decide when it has been filled out enough to close the
      tracker.

      On Dec 30, 2007 8:53 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
      > Any version of PC Gen, GM tools. You can't do an add experience to
      > party if the CR of the creature is over 20. I suspect that there is a
      > limit of 20 somewhere in the code.

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • graham.pursey
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008

        > Table wasn't fleshed out.
        >
        > I've filled out the table completely for Party Level up to 30.
        > (r4797). Will take a compile if you want to use it now....
        >
        > If anyone wants to keep filling out the XML table, feel free.
        > Calculations for XP are in an .XLS sheet I uploaded (to
        > PCGenListFileHelp > Files > Misc, IIRC.) That, or using the rules I
        > figured out and posted to the tracker, someone better at scripting
        > than I feel at the moment can set it up and run it. (I basically
        did
        > that myself, but didn't feel like making sure the formatting of the
        > file was right, so I copied them over into the file once the numbers
        > were run.)
        >
        > The tracker is very open-ended, so I'm done with it. One of the
        > Silverbacks can decide when it has been filled out enough to close
        the
        > tracker.
        >
        > On Dec 30, 2007 8:53 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
        > > Any version of PC Gen, GM tools. You can't do an add experience to
        > > party if the CR of the creature is over 20. I suspect that there
        is a
        > > limit of 20 somewhere in the code.
        >
        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

        Rather than use a fix table would it be better to calculate it
        instead since it wont be limited then?
        It should be a straight forward calculation.
        If CR is even subtract from 20 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
        by the XP gained for CR 20 to get total XP.
        If CR is odd, subtract from 19 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
        by the XP gained for CR 19 to get total XP.
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
          On Jan 3, 2008 6:29 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Table wasn't fleshed out.
          > >
          > > I've filled out the table completely for Party Level up to 30.
          > > (r4797). Will take a compile if you want to use it now....
          > >
          > > If anyone wants to keep filling out the XML table, feel free.
          > > Calculations for XP are in an .XLS sheet I uploaded (to
          > > PCGenListFileHelp > Files > Misc, IIRC.) That, or using the rules I
          > > figured out and posted to the tracker, someone better at scripting
          > > than I feel at the moment can set it up and run it. (I basically
          > did
          > > that myself, but didn't feel like making sure the formatting of the
          > > file was right, so I copied them over into the file once the numbers
          > > were run.)
          > >
          > > The tracker is very open-ended, so I'm done with it. One of the
          > > Silverbacks can decide when it has been filled out enough to close
          > the
          > > tracker.
          > >
          > > On Dec 30, 2007 8:53 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
          > > > Any version of PC Gen, GM tools. You can't do an add experience to
          > > > party if the CR of the creature is over 20. I suspect that there
          > is a
          > > > limit of 20 somewhere in the code.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Tir Gwaith
          > > PCGen LST Chimp
          > >
          > Rather than use a fix table would it be better to calculate it
          > instead since it wont be limited then?
          > It should be a straight forward calculation.
          > If CR is even subtract from 20 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
          > by the XP gained for CR 20 to get total XP.
          > If CR is odd, subtract from 19 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
          > by the XP gained for CR 19 to get total XP.

          I'm looking into that for the future, since I figured out the whole
          formula from start to finish, except for the lower extremeties of the
          the table. See the tracker for more info.

          You forgot one rule tho: it only works where CR is no more than 7
          levels away from "Party Level"

          The first step is going to be moving something like that to GameMode
          (right now, it is global across all systems, in the code), possibly
          move it out to a text file at the same time, and then we can talk
          about making it work with a formula.

          PCGen LST Chimp