Add experience doesn't work for CR>20

  • graham.pursey
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2007
      Any version of PC Gen, GM tools. You can't do an add experience to
      party if the CR of the creature is over 20. I suspect that there is a
      limit of 20 somewhere in the code.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 30, 2007
        Trackered:
        [ 1860958 ] Add experience doesn't work for CR>20
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1860958&group_id=2
        5576&atid=627102

        graham.pursey scribed:

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
          Table wasn't fleshed out.

          I've filled out the table completely for Party Level up to 30.
          (r4797). Will take a compile if you want to use it now....

          If anyone wants to keep filling out the XML table, feel free.
          Calculations for XP are in an .XLS sheet I uploaded (to
          PCGenListFileHelp > Files > Misc, IIRC.) That, or using the rules I
          figured out and posted to the tracker, someone better at scripting
          than I feel at the moment can set it up and run it. (I basically did
          that myself, but didn't feel like making sure the formatting of the
          file was right, so I copied them over into the file once the numbers
          were run.)

          The tracker is very open-ended, so I'm done with it. One of the
          Silverbacks can decide when it has been filled out enough to close the
          tracker.

          On Dec 30, 2007 8:53 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
          > Any version of PC Gen, GM tools. You can't do an add experience to
          > party if the CR of the creature is over 20. I suspect that there is a
          > limit of 20 somewhere in the code.

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • graham.pursey
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008

            > Table wasn't fleshed out.
            >
            > I've filled out the table completely for Party Level up to 30.
            > (r4797). Will take a compile if you want to use it now....
            >
            > If anyone wants to keep filling out the XML table, feel free.
            > Calculations for XP are in an .XLS sheet I uploaded (to
            > PCGenListFileHelp > Files > Misc, IIRC.) That, or using the rules I
            > figured out and posted to the tracker, someone better at scripting
            > than I feel at the moment can set it up and run it. (I basically
            did
            > that myself, but didn't feel like making sure the formatting of the
            > file was right, so I copied them over into the file once the numbers
            > were run.)
            >
            > The tracker is very open-ended, so I'm done with it. One of the
            > Silverbacks can decide when it has been filled out enough to close
            the
            > tracker.
            >
            > On Dec 30, 2007 8:53 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
            > > Any version of PC Gen, GM tools. You can't do an add experience to
            > > party if the CR of the creature is over 20. I suspect that there
            is a
            > > limit of 20 somewhere in the code.
            >
            > --
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen LST Chimp

            Rather than use a fix table would it be better to calculate it
            instead since it wont be limited then?
            It should be a straight forward calculation.
            If CR is even subtract from 20 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
            by the XP gained for CR 20 to get total XP.
            If CR is odd, subtract from 19 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
            by the XP gained for CR 19 to get total XP.
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
              On Jan 3, 2008 6:29 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Table wasn't fleshed out.
              > >
              > > I've filled out the table completely for Party Level up to 30.
              > > (r4797). Will take a compile if you want to use it now....
              > >
              > > If anyone wants to keep filling out the XML table, feel free.
              > > Calculations for XP are in an .XLS sheet I uploaded (to
              > > PCGenListFileHelp > Files > Misc, IIRC.) That, or using the rules I
              > > figured out and posted to the tracker, someone better at scripting
              > > than I feel at the moment can set it up and run it. (I basically
              > did
              > > that myself, but didn't feel like making sure the formatting of the
              > > file was right, so I copied them over into the file once the numbers
              > > were run.)
              > >
              > > The tracker is very open-ended, so I'm done with it. One of the
              > > Silverbacks can decide when it has been filled out enough to close
              > the
              > > tracker.
              > >
              > > On Dec 30, 2007 8:53 AM, graham.pursey <graham.pursey@...> wrote:
              > > > Any version of PC Gen, GM tools. You can't do an add experience to
              > > > party if the CR of the creature is over 20. I suspect that there
              > is a
              > > > limit of 20 somewhere in the code.
              > >
              > > --
              > > Tir Gwaith
              > > PCGen LST Chimp
              > >
              > Rather than use a fix table would it be better to calculate it
              > instead since it wont be limited then?
              > It should be a straight forward calculation.
              > If CR is even subtract from 20 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
              > by the XP gained for CR 20 to get total XP.
              > If CR is odd, subtract from 19 and divide by 2. Multiply this result
              > by the XP gained for CR 19 to get total XP.

              I'm looking into that for the future, since I figured out the whole
              formula from start to finish, except for the lower extremeties of the
              the table. See the tracker for more info.

              You forgot one rule tho: it only works where CR is no more than 7
              levels away from "Party Level"

              The first step is going to be moving something like that to GameMode
              (right now, it is global across all systems, in the code), possibly
              move it out to a text file at the same time, and then we can talk
              about making it work with a formula.

              PCGen LST Chimp