Re: [pcgen] [BUG]5.12.1 PRExxx and CLASSES in spells.lst

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 29, 2007
      On 12/29/07, Barak <barak@...> wrote:
      > I'm coding up substitution levels and some of these levels remove spells
      > that are available to the regular class. I've accomplished this by using
      > PRExxx on the CLASSES tag in the spells list. This seems to work fine until
      > I have multiple PRExxxs and use a PREMULT. Then it throws an error in the
      > console and does not work.
      >
      > It seems to me that if one or more types of PRExxx tags work, they all
      > should.
      >
      > Working examples:
      > CLASSES:Ranger=2[PREVARNEQ:GnomeRangerSpellRemoved,1]
      > CLASSES:Ranger=2[PRETEMPLATE:GnomeRangerSpellRemoved]
      > CLASSES:Druid=4|Ranger=3[PREVARNEQ:HalfElfRangerSpellRemoved,1]
      >
      > Non working:
      > CLASSES:Druid=5|Ranger=4[PREMULT:2,[PREVARNEQ:HalfElfRangerSpellRemoved,1],[
      > PREVARNEQ:GnomeRangerSpellRemoved,1]]
      >
      > Error thrown in console from above:
      > Could not set level info.
      > java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:
      > "4[PREMULT:2,[PREVARNEQ:HalfElfRangerSpellRemoved,1],"

      It is the parser. It is grabbing from the first [ to the first ].

      Does this work?:
      CLASSES:Druid=5|Ranger=4[PREVARNEQ:HalfElfRangerSpellRemoved,1][PREVARNEQ:GnomeRangerSpellRemoved,1]

      I don't know, but worth trying.

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2007

        Good thought but still no dice.

        However, it did lead me to the idea that did work. :p

        CLASSES:Druid=5|Ranger=4[PREVARNEQ:HalfElfRangerSpellRemoved+GnomeRangerSpel
        lRemoved,1]

        Barak
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2007
          On Dec 30, 2007 2:06 PM, Barak <barak@...> wrote:
> [...]

          Right, I should have seen that. :)

          So the CLASSES [ ] stuff only takes a single PRExxx, and not PREMULT.
          I'm tired, and can't think of why we wouldn't want to convert that to
          the standard |PRExxx stuff.... CLASSES tag a single-tag per object
          only?

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Byngl
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 31, 2007
            Shouldn't that be:

            CLASSES:Druid=5|Ranger=4
            [PREVAREQ:HalfElfRangerSpellRemoved+GnomeRangerSpellRemoved,0]

            But I guess that a character can't be both Half-Elf and Gnome at the
            same time...

            Byngl

          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 31, 2007
              On Dec 31, 2007 12:36 PM, Byngl <byngl@...> wrote:
              > Shouldn't that be:
              >
              > CLASSES:Druid=5|Ranger=4
              > [PREVAREQ:HalfElfRangerSpellRemoved+GnomeRangerSpellRemoved,0]
              >
              > But I guess that a character can't be both Half-Elf and Gnome at the
              > same time...

              Either way. :)

              PCGen LST Chimp