Gender based racial stat bonuses

  • stuartaston
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2007
      Hi All,
      first time poster here,so first of let me say "hi" and thanks in
      advance!

      I have been trying to do some LST creation for Prime Directive D20, but
      one of the races requires different stat bonuses for males and females,
      but, it just seems to add both bonuses together?

      What I currently have is:

      BONUS¦STAT¦STR,CHA¦2¦PREGENDER:F <TAB> BONUS¦STAT¦WIS¦-2¦REGENDER:M

      which I believe means goive a bonus of +2 to Strength and Constitution
      to this race if the gender starts with F or if M then subtract 2 from
      Wisdom. what I get regardless of Gender seems to be +2 STR, CHA and -2
      WIS
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2007

        First off, welcome to PCGen...

        Second, this really belongs on our PCGenListFileHelp group.

        Personally, I'd do the bonus stats in a template - like how we have the
        drow favored class set up. Odd that the pregender tag isn't working
        correctly... Though reading it... Use PREGENDER:Male and PREGENDER:Female

        And I suppose I should ask, are you setting the gender?

        Please follow up on the PCGen List File Help Group.

        ' PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com '
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1836470&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        stuartaston wrote:
        > Hi All,
        > first time poster here,so first of let me say "hi" and thanks in
        > advance!
        >
        > I have been trying to do some LST creation for Prime Directive D20, but
        > one of the races requires different stat bonuses for males and females,
        > but, it just seems to add both bonuses together?
        >
        > What I currently have is:
        >
        > BONUS¦STAT¦STR,CHA¦2¦PREGENDER:F <TAB> BONUS¦STAT¦WIS¦-2¦REGENDER:M
        >
        > which I believe means goive a bonus of +2 to Strength and Constitution
        > to this race if the gender starts with F or if M then subtract 2 from
        > Wisdom. what I get regardless of Gender seems to be +2 STR, CHA and -2
        > WIS

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      • stuartaston
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2007
          Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :) see you there!

          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php