Re: [pcgen][Trackered] Re: Soul knife SAs

    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
      [Pcgen-trackers] [ pcgen-Bugs-1850583 ] Defined Vars based upon
      another Var failing

      --
      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
        jseturtle2,

        Problem has been found, working the fix in tonight. It will be in time
        for the 5.13.6 release this weekend.

        If you aren't planning on upgrading to 5.13.6 then the fix is this:

        In the psionic hidden feats change all MindBladeECL to MndBladeECL and
        do the same in the psionic_class file.

        Problem: Old parser takes MindBladeECL and translates it to
        min(dBladeECL) not desired behavior in this case.
        Solution: Deprecate the old parser (requires vote); rename any variable
        using 'min' or 'max' in it's name.

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
          You the man! Thanks so much!! And Why wouldn't I upgrade, once it is
          out of beta? (I admit, I am a chicken with programs, 'cause I don't
          have the conflict managers, etc. I used to have with my Mac system
          since changing to the PC a few years ago...)

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
            I am going to post this in the other forum, but I wanted to note that
            making the change you suggested gave the MindBlade SAs up through the
            point that I changed class to Blade Manifester, and then no further.
            Perhaps I need to change something in the ITCK resource? It
            specifically notes in the book that Blade Manifesters continue to
            gain the Mind Blade SAs. Thus, a 5/4 SK/BM should have the SAs of lvl
            9 SK. I believe that would be a +2 MindBlade, +2 Psychic Strike, etc.

            Jon

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
              Then for that, you need to add to the Blade Manifester

              1 <tab> BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|CL

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
                Quick note: Are you sure it's level for level.. According to the code I
                just corrected, it skips two levels.

                1 KNOWN:0,1
                2 KNOWN:0,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                3 KNOWN:0,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                4 KNOWN:0,3,1
                5 KNOWN:0,3,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                6 KNOWN:0,3,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                7 KNOWN:0,3,3,1
                8 KNOWN:0,3,3,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                9 KNOWN:0,3,3,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                10 KNOWN:0,3,3,3,1 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")

                ---
                Though why the extra syntax, I don't know, it'd be easier just to have
                done BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|1 instead of the var...

                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 15, 2007
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jseturtle2" <jturtle@...> wrote:

                  > I think you are right, and I was wrong. Not sure how to read this;
                  > This is the actual text:
                  >
                  > "Studuent of the Blade: At the levels shown on the class table, a
                  Blade Manifester gains the class features of a soulknife's class
                  table as if he had also gained a level of soulknife (aside -- they
                  are at lvl 2,3, 5,6, etc., so I would have gained two special
                  abilities thus far if I understand correctly). He does not, however,
                  gain any other benefit. (aside: OK, here;s a part I don't understand)
                  > The blade manifester always gains only the next higher level of
                  special class features. For instance, a 5th levelsoulknife/2nd level
                  blade manifester gains the special class features of a 6th level soul
                  knife. If the character leaves the blade manifester class and returns
                  to the straight soulknife class, his class features progression is
                  > unchanged and requires some bookwork to keep track of. For instance
                  a 5/4 SK/BM (abbrevs mine) decides to take his next level as straight
                  soulknife, he would have the special class features of an 8th lvl
                  soulknife even though his straight soulknife class level would be
                  6th."

                  > As I read that, I get the SAs of a 6th lvl SK at 2nd lvl MB, and
                  the SAs of a 7th lvl SK at 3rd lvl BM; and nothing at 4th lvl BM.
                  However, at the next level, I would gain that of an 8th lvl SK
                  regardless of if I went back to SK (6th) or stayed BM (8th)? yes?

                  Thus I should have Speed of Thought as a free feat (though I had
                  already taken it, dangit!), and Psychic Strike +2d8 as a 5/4 SK/BM.
                  At 5/5, I would add the +2 Mindblade.; and at 5/6 add Bladewind, and
                  greater weapon focus (mind blade). Then nothing until 5/8.

                  Does that explain the need for the extra syntax? Thanks again for the
                  help. BTW, awaiting the moderator's approval for this question and a
                  new one in the other forum.

                  > Jon

                  > > Quick note: Are you sure it's level for level.. According to the
                  > code I
                  > > just corrected, it skips two levels.
                  > >
                  > > 1 KNOWN:0,1
                  > > 2 KNOWN:0,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                  > Manifester")
                  > > 3 KNOWN:0,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                  > Manifester")
                  > > 4 KNOWN:0,3,1
                  > > 5 KNOWN:0,3,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                  > Manifester")
                  > > 6 KNOWN:0,3,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                  > Manifester")
                  > > 7 KNOWN:0,3,3,1
                  > > 8 KNOWN:0,3,3,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                  > Manifester")
                  > > 9 KNOWN:0,3,3,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                  > Manifester")
                  > > 10 KNOWN:0,3,3,3,1 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                  > Manifester")
                  > >
                  > > ---
                  > > Though why the extra syntax, I don't know, it'd be easier just to
                  > have
                  > > done BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|1 instead of the var...
                  > > Andrew Maitland wrote:
                  > > > Then for that, you need to add to the Blade Manifester
                  > > >
                  > > > 1 <tab> BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|CL

                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 15, 2007
                    Hi Jon, Andrew
                    According to this text the LST is in error. Each instance of
                    BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester") should be changed to:
                    BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|1
                    As for the rest of the paragraph I think the progression is right with
                    this change I just question whether all the Soulknife's special abilities
                    are covered by bonusing this one VAR.

                    jseturtle2 scribed:

                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 15, 2007
                      Hey Eddy,

                      I fixed the syntax and will update it, however, I DO NOT have the actual
                      source, so I don't know if that will work in this case...

                      If Jon's explanation holds true, then we need a bit of an overhaul to
                      the Blade Manifester Class AND the way the base Soulknife class Feats
                      are popping up...

                      I don't mind the correction but I want a clear understanding of what I
                      should be changing.