Kits and TEMPLATE:CHOOSE

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2007
      I have found that when a race is added via a kit, and that race has a
      TEMPLATE:CHOOSE tag (e.g. Monstrous Spiders from the rsrd), the chooser
      popup box appears twice.

      I am seeing this in 5.12.1. I don't know if it shows up in any later
      versions.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2007
        ovka wrote:
        > I have found that when a race is added via a kit, and that race has a
        > TEMPLATE:CHOOSE tag (e.g. Monstrous Spiders from the rsrd), the chooser
        > popup box appears twice.
        >
        > I am seeing this in 5.12.1. I don't know if it shows up in any later
        > versions.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Sir George Anonymous

        It's that way in the current version as well. Aaron (who coded it that
        way) once explained to me that it did that because it applied the kit
        twice, once to a copy to check prereqs or something and a second time to
        the actual PC. I wish he were around to explain it in more detail.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)