Re: [pcgen] Soul knife SAs

    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 10, 2007
      Okay, my cursory glance, everything in the rsrd psionic class
      "Soulknife" looks fine;

      I however, cannot locate a class called Blade Manifester in the ITCK
      source. We only have one class file and I find:
      CLASS:Soulknife ITCK OUTPUTNAME:Soulknife
      CLASS:Slayer ITCK OUTPUTNAME:Slayer
      CLASS:Metamind ITCK OUTPUTNAME:Metamind
      CLASS:Psion ITCK OUTPUTNAME:Psion
      CLASS:Colorless Adept

      And I checked the psionic PrC and Class file.

      AS to the Special Abilities, those should be displaying correctly. I see
      them listed properly.

      The Mind Blade shouldn't be having any problem, all three types are
      listed as the same proficiency.

      However, if you are mixing the ITCK Soulknife with the RSRD Soulknife
      then the problems you are talking about would happen. Best way to
      determine if that is the case, is to look at the source. (In the Classes
      you should be able to add the source listed)

      --
      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

    • jseturtle2
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 11, 2007
        Don't know about that; but I have the 3.5 savvy ebook of ITCK right
        in front of me, and after the metamind on pg 50 is the "Blade
        Manifester" on the bottom of pg 51. The prestige class is described
        on pgs 51-52. Perhaps this is what you are calling the Slayer?
        Looking at the charcter in the advanced tab of the pcgen toolset, it
        properly lists pg 51 as the source under the marker there; and the
        Blade Manifester is listed as a class in the class list with the ITCK
        source. That's about as far as I know how to go.

        As to the Psionics, it is the 3.5 Psionics source; which I thought
        was pretty much the expanded Psionics handbook.

        If this question should go in a different group, I suppose I could
        change it. What is the address group I need to sign up for? (and why
        is this group here, if not to ask questions about the program?
        Primarily bug notification?) My version of pcgen is 5.12.1.

        Thanks for your help.

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 11, 2007
          ~Responding from another computer, so I can't do the line breaks....

          The main group (PCGen) is for problems, Bug reports, FREQs...

          The Listhelpgroup is for customizing, making your own data sets and generally modifying anything to do with data sets.

          Experimental Group is where new ideas are discussed and change notifications take place.

          This is a problem with a data set or program, and therefore belongs here... another topic I've replied too though is regarding list stuff that more properly belongs in the other group...

          I'll have to wait and get home later tonight before I can delve any further... Can you upload a copy of the character in question so I can look at it... PCGen Yahoo group "I need help with" section.

          Thanks,

          ~Andrew Maitland
          PCGen Board of Directors

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 12, 2007
            Thanks. I joined the listhelp group. However, I am stupid enough that
            I can't seem to find the PCGen Yahoo group "I need help with" section.
            On this forum, or on that one. I checked the links, the files, and
            the database sections. Where do I go now?

> [...]
            > and they
            > should
            > doesn't
            > sources.
            > > >>

            > > > We don't have the Expanded Book of Psionics, we only have what
            is
            > > > allowed/given in the rsrd which has portions of those books...
            So
            > I need
            > > > to ask, are you using any CMP (Code Monkey Publishing) sources?
            > > >
            > > > I'll take a look at the sources we are offering...
            > > >
            > > > What I do need to know:
            > > > Which version of PCGen are you using?
            > > > Which version of JAVA
            > > > Which Gamemode are you using?

            > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
            > > >>

            > > --
            > > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > > ~ Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
            > > ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur

          • Terry FitzSimons
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 12, 2007
              The location is on Yahoo (or Y as some call it), right here
              http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/ you want the first files
              group 'Need Help With'.

              The other web links:

              ListFileHelp:
              Experimental:
              ListFileClass:
              International:
              Wiki:
              http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/
              PcGen:
              https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/

              Mods can we get someone to clean the trash in the files please.

              On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:33:37 -0000, "jseturtle2" <jturtle@...>
              wrote:

              >Thanks. I joined the listhelp group. However, I am stupid enough that
              >I can't seem to find the PCGen Yahoo group "I need help with" section.
              >On this forum, or on that one. I checked the links, the files, and
              >the database sections. Where do I go now?

              --

              Terry FitzSimons
              FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

              Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 12, 2007

                On 13/12/2007, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:

                > Mods can we get someone to clean the trash in the files please.

                The spam has now been deleted.

                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code SB
              • jseturtle2
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 13, 2007
                  Thanks for the help. I have now created a folder with the pcg file in
                  it. Ummmm.... I hope I am not considered spam...

                  Jon
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:

                  > The location is on Yahoo (or Y as some call it), right here
                  > http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/ you want the first
                  files
                  > group 'Need Help With'.
                  >
                  > The other web links:
                  >
                  > ListFileHelp:
                  > Experimental:
                  > ListFileClass:
                  > International:
                  > Wiki:
                  > http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/
                  > PcGen:
                  > https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/
                  >
                  > Mods can we get someone to clean the trash in the files please.
                  >
                  > On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:33:37 -0000, "jseturtle2" <jturtle@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > >Thanks. I joined the listhelp group. However, I am stupid enough
                  that
                  > >I can't seem to find the PCGen Yahoo group "I need help with"
                  section.
                  > >On this forum, or on that one. I checked the links, the files, and
                  > >the database sections. Where do I go now?
                  > >
                  > --
                  >
                  > Terry FitzSimons
                  > FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)
                  >
                  > Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon

                • Terry FitzSimons
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 13, 2007
                    Nope, just remember to remove it when your finished, so the Mods don't have
                    to come in and do it.

                    Terry

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 13, 2007
                      I have your file and will take a look at it tonight.
                      Expect a reply Friday morning (California time)

                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 13, 2007
                        Ok, I tested the provided file, and then I made my own character... The
                        VFEATs appear to be firing, however, the DEFINES based off of the
                        MindBladeECL aren't firing correctly.

                        DEFINE:MindBladeECL|0
                        These all are based of off the above:
                        DEFINE:MindBladePlus|0
                        DEFINE:MindBladeEnhancement|0
                        DEFINE:PsychicStrike|0

                        BONUS:VAR|MindBladePlus|floor(MindBladeECL/4)
                        BONUS:VAR|MindBladeEnhancement|floor((MindBladeECL-2)/4)
                        BONUS:VAR|PsychicStrike|floor((MindBladeECL+1)/4)

                        Using the DEBUG Any of the above came back as 0 hence the SABs aren't
                        displaying which have those secondary Vars don't even show up since the
                        total is 0 or less.

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
                          [Pcgen-trackers] [ pcgen-Bugs-1850583 ] Defined Vars based upon
                          another Var failing

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
                            jseturtle2,

                            Problem has been found, working the fix in tonight. It will be in time
                            for the 5.13.6 release this weekend.

                            If you aren't planning on upgrading to 5.13.6 then the fix is this:

                            In the psionic hidden feats change all MindBladeECL to MndBladeECL and
                            do the same in the psionic_class file.

                            Problem: Old parser takes MindBladeECL and translates it to
                            min(dBladeECL) not desired behavior in this case.
                            Solution: Deprecate the old parser (requires vote); rename any variable
                            using 'min' or 'max' in it's name.

                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
                              You the man! Thanks so much!! And Why wouldn't I upgrade, once it is
                              out of beta? (I admit, I am a chicken with programs, 'cause I don't
                              have the conflict managers, etc. I used to have with my Mac system
                              since changing to the PC a few years ago...)

                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
                                I am going to post this in the other forum, but I wanted to note that
                                making the change you suggested gave the MindBlade SAs up through the
                                point that I changed class to Blade Manifester, and then no further.
                                Perhaps I need to change something in the ITCK resource? It
                                specifically notes in the book that Blade Manifesters continue to
                                gain the Mind Blade SAs. Thus, a 5/4 SK/BM should have the SAs of lvl
                                9 SK. I believe that would be a +2 MindBlade, +2 Psychic Strike, etc.

                                Jon

                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
                                  Then for that, you need to add to the Blade Manifester

                                  1 <tab> BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|CL

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 14, 2007
                                    Quick note: Are you sure it's level for level.. According to the code I
                                    just corrected, it skips two levels.

                                    1 KNOWN:0,1
                                    2 KNOWN:0,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                                    3 KNOWN:0,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                                    4 KNOWN:0,3,1
                                    5 KNOWN:0,3,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                                    6 KNOWN:0,3,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                                    7 KNOWN:0,3,3,1
                                    8 KNOWN:0,3,3,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                                    9 KNOWN:0,3,3,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")
                                    10 KNOWN:0,3,3,3,1 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester")

                                    ---
                                    Though why the extra syntax, I don't know, it'd be easier just to have
                                    done BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|1 instead of the var...

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 15, 2007
                                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jseturtle2" <jturtle@...> wrote:

                                      > I think you are right, and I was wrong. Not sure how to read this;
                                      > This is the actual text:
                                      >
                                      > "Studuent of the Blade: At the levels shown on the class table, a
                                      Blade Manifester gains the class features of a soulknife's class
                                      table as if he had also gained a level of soulknife (aside -- they
                                      are at lvl 2,3, 5,6, etc., so I would have gained two special
                                      abilities thus far if I understand correctly). He does not, however,
                                      gain any other benefit. (aside: OK, here;s a part I don't understand)
                                      > The blade manifester always gains only the next higher level of
                                      special class features. For instance, a 5th levelsoulknife/2nd level
                                      blade manifester gains the special class features of a 6th level soul
                                      knife. If the character leaves the blade manifester class and returns
                                      to the straight soulknife class, his class features progression is
                                      > unchanged and requires some bookwork to keep track of. For instance
                                      a 5/4 SK/BM (abbrevs mine) decides to take his next level as straight
                                      soulknife, he would have the special class features of an 8th lvl
                                      soulknife even though his straight soulknife class level would be
                                      6th."

                                      > As I read that, I get the SAs of a 6th lvl SK at 2nd lvl MB, and
                                      the SAs of a 7th lvl SK at 3rd lvl BM; and nothing at 4th lvl BM.
                                      However, at the next level, I would gain that of an 8th lvl SK
                                      regardless of if I went back to SK (6th) or stayed BM (8th)? yes?

                                      Thus I should have Speed of Thought as a free feat (though I had
                                      already taken it, dangit!), and Psychic Strike +2d8 as a 5/4 SK/BM.
                                      At 5/5, I would add the +2 Mindblade.; and at 5/6 add Bladewind, and
                                      greater weapon focus (mind blade). Then nothing until 5/8.

                                      Does that explain the need for the extra syntax? Thanks again for the
                                      help. BTW, awaiting the moderator's approval for this question and a
                                      new one in the other forum.

                                      > Jon

                                      > > Quick note: Are you sure it's level for level.. According to the
                                      > code I
                                      > > just corrected, it skips two levels.
                                      > >
                                      > > 1 KNOWN:0,1
                                      > > 2 KNOWN:0,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                                      > Manifester")
                                      > > 3 KNOWN:0,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                                      > Manifester")
                                      > > 4 KNOWN:0,3,1
                                      > > 5 KNOWN:0,3,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                                      > Manifester")
                                      > > 6 KNOWN:0,3,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                                      > Manifester")
                                      > > 7 KNOWN:0,3,3,1
                                      > > 8 KNOWN:0,3,3,2 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                                      > Manifester")
                                      > > 9 KNOWN:0,3,3,3 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                                      > Manifester")
                                      > > 10 KNOWN:0,3,3,3,1 BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade
                                      > Manifester")
                                      > >
                                      > > ---
                                      > > Though why the extra syntax, I don't know, it'd be easier just to
                                      > have
                                      > > done BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|1 instead of the var...
                                      > > Andrew Maitland wrote:
                                      > > > Then for that, you need to add to the Blade Manifester
                                      > > >
                                      > > > 1 <tab> BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|CL

                                    • Eddy Anthony
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 15, 2007
                                        Hi Jon, Andrew
                                        According to this text the LST is in error. Each instance of
                                        BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|var("CL=Blade Manifester") should be changed to:
                                        BONUS:VAR|MndBladeECL|1
                                        As for the rest of the paragraph I think the progression is right with
                                        this change I just question whether all the Soulknife's special abilities
                                        are covered by bonusing this one VAR.

                                        jseturtle2 scribed:

                                        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 15, 2007
                                          Hey Eddy,

                                          I fixed the syntax and will update it, however, I DO NOT have the actual
                                          source, so I don't know if that will work in this case...

                                          If Jon's explanation holds true, then we need a bit of an overhaul to
                                          the Blade Manifester Class AND the way the base Soulknife class Feats
                                          are popping up...

                                          I don't mind the correction but I want a clear understanding of what I
                                          should be changing.