Annoying bug with the list editor

  • metukio
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
      There is a very annoying bug in the list editor. So far I saw it in
      versions 5.08, 5.10, and 5.12.
      The problem is that when I create a new list item (doesn't matter if I
      actually create a new one or start a copy of an existing one), after I
      save the item the description is multiplied by some factor (as far as
      I can see, it's random between 2 and 5), meaning that it will appear
      that number of times. I can't seem to find what causes this, and I
      can't seem to be able to change it once it happens - if I edit the
      item and save it, it goes back to the multiplied state.

      Any ideas?
    • joefrazierjr
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "metukio" <metukio@...> wrote:

        > There is a very annoying bug in the list editor. So far I saw it in
        > versions 5.08, 5.10, and 5.12.
        > The problem is that when I create a new list item (doesn't matter if I
        > actually create a new one or start a copy of an existing one), after I
        > save the item the description is multiplied by some factor (as far as
        > I can see, it's random between 2 and 5), meaning that it will appear
        > that number of times. I can't seem to find what causes this, and I
        > can't seem to be able to change it once it happens - if I edit the
        > item and save it, it goes back to the multiplied state.
        >
        > Any ideas?

        Note to be flippant, but there are probably many unknown and at least
        a few known bugs in the list editor. I know there is a goal to
        revamp the editor for 6.0/6.2 since there have been many changes to
        the data tags in the past few cycles and from what I have heard, the
        list editor has not keep up with the changes in the data.

        I have flagged the post for a tracker monkey to enter a bug.

        Joe
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007

          On 6/12/2007 3:02 AM metukio wrote
          > There is a very annoying bug in the list editor. So far I saw it in
          > versions 5.08, 5.10, and 5.12.
          > The problem is that when I create a new list item (doesn't matter if I
          > actually create a new one or start a copy of an existing one), after I
          > save the item the description is multiplied by some factor (as far as
          > I can see, it's random between 2 and 5), meaning that it will appear
          > that number of times. I can't seem to find what causes this, and I
          > can't seem to be able to change it once it happens - if I edit the
          > item and save it, it goes back to the multiplied state.
          >
          > Any ideas?

          Yep, I fixed that one for 5.12.1. Have you tried that version?

          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB
        • metukio
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
            Not yet. I can't really keep up with the versions, and since there are
            already many changes I made to this version, it's going to take some
            time until I try another version (unless there's an easy way to get
            all those changes to the newer version).

            Ofer.

            > On 6/12/2007 3:02 AM metukio wrote
            > > There is a very annoying bug in the list editor. So far I saw it in
            > > versions 5.08, 5.10, and 5.12.
            > > The problem is that when I create a new list item (doesn't matter if I
            > > actually create a new one or start a copy of an existing one), after I
            > > save the item the description is multiplied by some factor (as far as
            > > I can see, it's random between 2 and 5), meaning that it will appear
            > > that number of times. I can't seem to find what causes this, and I
            > > can't seem to be able to change it once it happens - if I edit the
            > > item and save it, it goes back to the multiplied state.
            > >
            > > Any ideas?
            > >

            > Yep, I fixed that one for 5.12.1. Have you tried that version?
            >
            > --
            > Cheers,
            > James Dempsey
            > PCGen Code SB

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
              Hi Ofer,

              When you say 'changes' are you talking custom data, or changes to the
              shipped data? We have some info on migrating custom data in the
              release notes - see
              http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=64418&group_id=25576#CustomDataSets

              I'd recommend going to 5.12.1 though as there were quite a few bug
              fixes included.

              Cheers,
              James.