Re: [pcgen] Start up crash in 5.12 and up

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2007
      Quoting jensen_m_t (jensen_m_t@...):
      > well When i go to start up the program 5.12 or later i can't get it to
      > run it just tries to open then it crashes and i can't figure out why
      > it dose this i run mac os 10.4.9 and all the necessary updates to my
      > computer. i need help and to see if others have been having this problem.

      I don't have a mac, but I think a lot of others already started the program on
      macs without problems.

      What you could try is remove the options.ini file (in the same directory where
      PCGen has been installed). Its contents might be the cause for the crashes.

      (Better than removing it would be to move it elsewhere, so PCGen does not find
      it at startup, but you do not loose it in case this was not the cause for the
      crashes.)

      Hope that helps,

      Susan
    • jensen_m_t
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007
        Never mind i posted this in haste It turned out i need ed to up date
        my java sorry about that.