Start up crash in 5.12 and up

  • jensen_m_t
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2007
      well When i go to start up the program 5.12 or later i can't get it to
      run it just tries to open then it crashes and i can't figure out why
      it dose this i run mac os 10.4.9 and all the necessary updates to my
      computer. i need help and to see if others have been having this problem.
    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2007
        Quoting jensen_m_t (jensen_m_t@...):
        > well When i go to start up the program 5.12 or later i can't get it to
        > run it just tries to open then it crashes and i can't figure out why
        > it dose this i run mac os 10.4.9 and all the necessary updates to my
        > computer. i need help and to see if others have been having this problem.

        I don't have a mac, but I think a lot of others already started the program on
        macs without problems.

        What you could try is remove the options.ini file (in the same directory where
        PCGen has been installed). Its contents might be the cause for the crashes.

        (Better than removing it would be to move it elsewhere, so PCGen does not find
        it at startup, but you do not loose it in case this was not the cause for the
        crashes.)

        Hope that helps,

        Susan
      • jensen_m_t
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007
          Never mind i posted this in haste It turned out i need ed to up date
          my java sorry about that.