Re: Seeking volunteers for the new PCGen Website

  • Pope Torak
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 3, 2007
      What the hell. Count me in

      > Seeking anyone interested in working on the new PCGen Website, any
      level
      > of experience or knowledge welcome.
      >
      > Also looking for someone interested on being on the Board of
      Directors
      > as the 2nd for the Website team.
      >

      > Mission Statement
      >
      > To build and maintain a web-based home for the PCGen Community.
      >

      > --
      > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > ~ Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
      > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
        On Tuesday 04 December 2007 04:57:12 Andrew Maitland wrote:

        > Seeking anyone interested in working on the new PCGen Website, any level
        > of experience or knowledge welcome.

        I have some experience with web site programming, but I'm not a graphical
        designer, still I think I can help out here.

        Stefan.
      • James Clement
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
          Count me in.my level of expertise is minimal at best.but I would love to do
          what I can to help the team

          _____

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
            I am low-to-mid level web savvy, as far as sites go. I run several off my own personal server. (Out of my home.)

            Ask me to code in PHP and you'll get some REALLY simple work, although I am teaching myself more every day. HTML and XHTML I can work with, and I'm rather fond of working with Dreamweaver in order to avoid remembering all the niggling little things (never saw a reason yet to upgrade past MX 2004). However, I can tweak web code with the best of 'em.

            I use the PCGen software exclusively in my campaigns (both player and DM), and would welcome this as a chance to return to this community.

            If you've got no takers on the 2nd, I'll offer. I'm on a non-profit org's BoD as the Webmaster, so I have an idea of what to expect.

            Keith McComb

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
              Hi Pope Torak,

              Thanks for volunteering. I'll be in contact with you and everyone shortly.

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
                Hi Stefan,

                Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                > On Tuesday 04 December 2007 04:57:12 Andrew Maitland wrote:
                >

                >> Seeking anyone interested in working on the new PCGen Website, any level
                >> of experience or knowledge welcome.
                >>

                > I have some experience with web site programming, but I'm not a graphical
                > designer, still I think I can help out here.

                Excellent, I have two graphical designers and layout volunteers... So,
                we definitely can use someone more code.

                I'll be in contact with all the website volunteers shortly to get
                everyone up to speed. :)

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
                  Hi James,

                  James Clement wrote:
                  > Count me in.my level of expertise is minimal at best.but I would love to do
                  > what I can to help the team

                  No problem. Everyone can contribute something... Okay, I'm going to
                  compose a team email to everyone that's volunteered up to this point.
                  Try and get everyone up to speed and where we need to go from here.

                  > _____

                • David Rosenthal
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
                    If you're sticking with Drupal as a CMS, please count me in as well, I
                    have some familiarity with it.

                    Thanks!

                    Be sure and visit the new and improved http://www.cheddarmongers.org

                    Be a Cheddarmonger now; ask me how!

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
                      Don't forget that you still got me somewhere in there..

                      I do html, php, mysql and javascript. And by the way, the backup
                      server is ready in case it's needed.. Just finally got it fixed
                      today.. Had installed a new version of apache that gave us issues
                      but we got it working..

                      Lachlan

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
                        Welcome to the team, I've sent you (And the two others thus far), the
                        team newsletter I sent out earlier today.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
                          Hi David,

                          I think I have you listed as an original member... Glad to have you back
                          on-board. I've sent the newsletter on to you and the other two.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 4, 2007
                            Hm, I didn't see you listed, but welcome aboard... :)

                            I've also sent you the 1st team newsletter to bring everyone up to speed.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 7, 2007
                              Okay, thanks everybody for the positive feedback and volunteering.

                              For everyone else, we've got a lively bunch already debating the merits
                              of applications and getting the new website up to some demanding
                              standards. :)

                              The Website team, like all of our other teams, will be open to anyone at
                              any time.

                              I'd like to welcome (In alphabetical order):
                              Anestis Kozakis,
                              David Rosenthal,
                              Eddy Anthony,
                              Eric C. Smith,
                              James Clement,
                              James Dempsey,
                              Karianna,
                              Kinsfire,
                              Lachlan Maclean,
                              Paul Grosse,
                              Pope Torak,
                              Stefan Radermacher, and
                              The Kio

                              To the Website Team - Some members were already established. If I missed
                              someone or you'd like to join please email me directly.

                              Let's give our new team a hearty PCGen Welcome and OOK!

                              Ook, Ook!