Re: [pcgen] Green Ronin sale at Paizo

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 16, 2007
      **OUCH** I had $10.00 shipping on a $30.00 order, and a $3.50 store
      credit that finally got used.

      -- David
      Papa-DRB

      Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>

      Nigel Bennington wrote:
      > Yeah, $40.00 shipping on a $15.00 order sucks though :(
      >
      > Sometimes living in the UK sucks.
      >
      > David wrote:
      >
      >> Well, my wallet just got a lot lighter!!!
      >>
      >> http://paizo.com/store/sale/greenRonin
      >>
      >> Filled out the "Advanced" books, the Freeport books, and purchased all
      >> 5 adventures.
      >>
      >> $2.00 to $5.00.
      >>
      >> -- david
      >> Papa-DRB
    • Byngl
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 16, 2007
        Its $25 to get $15 worth of stuff shipped 40 miles north of Erie PA
        and $40 for $30, so it's not just the UK that gets gouged for
        shipping...

        Hey KingPaul, can I get it mailed to you and have you swim across the
        lake?

        Byngl

        http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
        > > PCGen's Online Docs:
        > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 16, 2007
          cost us $6 for $8 of products

          http://pcgen. sourceforge. net/autobuilds/ pcgen-docs/

          http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ PCGenListFileHel p/

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          <!--

          #ygrp-mkp{
          #ygrp-mkp hr{
          border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
          #ygrp-mkp #hd{
          #ygrp-mkp #ads{
          margin-bottom:10px;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad{
          padding:0 0;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
          color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
          font-family:Arial;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
          margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;}
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;}
          #ygrp-actbar{
          #ygrp-actbar .left{
          float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-grft{
          #ygrp-ft{
          padding:5px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
          padding-bottom:10px;}

          #ygrp-vital{
          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
          #ygrp-vital ul{
          padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
          #ygrp-vital ul li{
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
          font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-vital a{
          text-decoration:none;}

          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}

          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          color:#999;font-size:77%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          padding:8px 0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          text-decoration:none;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          margin:0;}
          o{font-size:0;}
          .MsoNormal{
          margin:0 0 0 0;}
          #ygrp-text tt{
          font-size:120%;}
          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
          .replbq{margin:4;}
          -->

        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 16, 2007
            > Hey KingPaul, can I get it mailed to you and have you swim across
            > the lake?

            I don't think I have the endurance to do that, sorry. I bought $6 worth
            of books and got hit with almost $7 in shipping.
          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 16, 2007
              I bought $30 worth of books and it cost me $11 for shipping . . .

              Eric

              On Nov 17, 2007, at 12:01 AM, Paul W. King wrote:

              > > Hey KingPaul, can I get it mailed to you and have you swim across
              > > the lake?
              >
              > I don't think I have the endurance to do that, sorry. I bought $6
              > worth
              > of books and got hit with almost $7 in shipping.

            • musicguerilla
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 16, 2007
                Just out of curiousity, i don't know this system so i never
                looked...Does pcgen have any of this stuff included? i looked over the
                books and was curious.

                "Did my area-effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
                really annoyed he has to subtract 8 HP off 200 guys!"

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 16, 2007
                  Unfortunately, Green Ronin is not allowing us to use their "product"
                  name with the data sets we made. If we can't identify their data sets,
                  then it doesn't make sense at this time to include them. So, even though
                  we have a data set for "Advanced Player's Manual" we haven't been given
                  permission to use that name.

                  We hope that some day soon they will allow us to use the name so we can
                  again include the data sets that we've made for inclusion in PCGen.

                  But, please, don't let that stop you from buying their products. I can
                  attest that they produce some very fine materials. Most have acclaimed
                  the Advanced Beastiary Book.

                  I love the Advanced Player's Manual, but that's because it has the
                  Psychic Class in the back, along with the Psychic stuff (A great
                  alternative to psionics... it's Skill based.)

                  And, as always, if you love the material enough, you can always make
                  your own sets.

                  musicguerilla wrote:
                  > Just out of curiousity, i don't know this system so i never
                  > looked...Does pcgen have any of this stuff included? i looked over the
                  > books and was curious.
                  >
                  > "Did my area-effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
                  > really annoyed he has to subtract 8 HP off 200 guys!"
                  >
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> I bought $30 worth of books and it cost me $11 for shipping . . .
                  >>
                  >> Eric

                  >>> I don't think I have the endurance to do that, sorry. I bought $6
                  >>> worth
                  >>> of books and got hit with almost $7 in shipping.

                  ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                  "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

                • musicguerilla
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 17, 2007
                    <<But, please, don't let that stop you from buying their products. I
                    can attest that they produce some very fine materials. Most have
                    acclaimed the Advanced Beastiary Book.>>

                    I have to agree with THAT, i obtained a copy of it from a friend who
                    happens to own it already, and looked it over. It has VERY in-depth
                    instructions on template creation that i really like. now i want my
                    own copy as well lol
                  • David R. Bender
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 17, 2007
                      Absolutely. That was the one supplement that I had already. I just
                      filled in the players and dm guides....

                      musicguerilla wrote:
                      > <<But, please, don't let that stop you from buying their products. I
                      > can attest that they produce some very fine materials. Most have
                      > acclaimed the Advanced Beastiary Book.>>
                      >

                      > I have to agree with THAT, i obtained a copy of it from a friend who
                      > happens to own it already, and looked it over. It has VERY in-depth
                      > instructions on template creation that i really like. now i want my
                      > own copy as well lol
                    • Terry FitzSimons
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 17, 2007
                        Just wondering if the OGL cover the reverse spelling of the title. If
                        people know to look for the spelling of "elpmaS" to get "Sample", maybe we
                        can start putting them in?

                        Terry

                        --

                        Terry FitzSimons
                        FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

                        Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
                      • Andrew Wilson
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 17, 2007
                          On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 08:55:29PM -0500, Terry FitzSimons wrote:
                          > Just wondering if the OGL cover the reverse spelling of the title. If
                          > people know to look for the spelling of "elpmaS" to get "Sample", maybe we
                          > can start putting them in?

                          It doesn't really matter whether the OGL covers it or not. If a
                          publisher asks us not to include something then we don't include it.
                          Not even if it's 100% OGL and we'd be 100% legally free to do so.

                          Just turning the name they've asked us not to use back to front isn't
                          going to fly.

                          andrew
                          --
                          Aquarius: (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18)
                          If you learn one thing this week, let it be this: What matters
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 17, 2007
                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...> wrote:

                            > On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 08:55:29PM -0500, Terry FitzSimons wrote:
                            > > Just wondering if the OGL cover the reverse spelling of the
                            title. If
                            > > people know to look for the spelling of "elpmaS" to get "Sample",
                            maybe we
                            > > can start putting them in?

                            I can remember when Napster first got hammered by the RIAA, they were
                            under court order to block ALL illicit files, and to devise different
                            filters and such for just such a contingency as name changes and
                            alterations to "disguise" the title. I imagine this would fall under
                            that same idea.
                          • Jonathan Thompson
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 18, 2007
                              On 11/16/07, Nigel Bennington <nigel@...> wrote:
                              > Yeah, $40.00 shipping on a $15.00 order sucks though :(
                              >
                              > Sometimes living in the UK sucks.

                              I didnt get everything on the first pass, I unfortunately have to wait
                              a week and see if everything I didnt get the first time around is
                              still available.

                              --
                              Jonathan M. Thompson
                              Battlefield Press, Inc
                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 19, 2007
                                So I decided to bite the bullet and pay the shipping charges, only to
                                discover that I can only pay by credit card - no debit card, no paypal :(

                                Now since I refuse, on principle, to own a credit card, turns out that I
                                can't buy them anyway :(