Re: [TM] [pcgen] Re: halfling rogue

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007

      On 4/11/2007 1:36 PM spyguy007mw wrote
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Create the Halfling Rogue, go to the preview pane and look at the 2nd
      >> sheet. I believe that the weapon proficiencies are there, but the
      >>
      > feat
      >
      >> "rogue weapon proficiencies" is coded as not visible so it is not
      >> showing up in the feat list.
      >>
      >> -- David
      >> Papa-DRB
      >> Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>
      >>

      > Nope I am afraid it is not. I could also just write over the numbers on
      > the sheet but it will not let me equip the weapons that I am not
      > proficient with. The weapons are all red except for gauntlets.

      Yep, just tried it out myself. Using 5.12.1 load 3e mode and with a
      character with all 10 base stats, NG, halfling and with one level of
      rogue added you get the following proficiencies:
      Gauntlet, Ray, Unarmed Strike

      Could a TM tracker this please? Probably a data bug initially.

      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
        James Dempsey scribed:

        >>> "rogue weapon proficiencies" is coded as not visible so it is not
        >>> showing up in the feat list.
        >>>
        >>> -- David
        >>> Papa-DRB
        >>> Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>
        >>>

        >> Nope I am afraid it is not. I could also just write over the numbers on
        >> the sheet but it will not let me equip the weapons that I am not
        >> proficient with. The weapons are all red except for gauntlets.
        >>

        > Yep, just tried it out myself. Using 5.12.1 load 3e mode and with a
        > character with all 10 base stats, NG, halfling and with one level of
        > rogue added you get the following proficiencies:
        > Gauntlet, Ray, Unarmed Strike
        >
        > Could a TM tracker this please? Probably a data bug initially.

        I don't see anything wrong in the data, I tested this in the development
        build and everything is working.

        The one odd thing is that the Rogue Weapon Proficiencies hidden feat has two
        AUTO:WEAPONPROF tags in it and the second one has [PRESIZEGTEQ:M] on the end
        of it, could that not be working in 5.12.1?

        spyguy007mw, since there is no 5.12.2 release planed your options are to use
        an Alpha build or fix this in your files. To fix it you can use a text
        editor to open the file: /data/d20ogl/srd/basics/srd_feats_hidden.lst and
        find the line that begins: Rogue Weapon Proficiencies, this has two
        AUTO:WEAPONPROF tags in it, take the list from the second tag and add it to
        the first then delete the second. It should then grant all the profs even
        the ones small characters should apparently not get.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
          Thanks alot - problem fixed. It seems that the second one was
          overriding the first one. According to the rules, Small char get only
          some prof and med or bigger gets more. No one was getting the first
          list of prof - regardless of size. i am surpised that there had never
          been one thief that wanted to use a dagger or bow at first level. Well
          thanks again you guys for all your help.
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
            > Yep, just tried it out myself. Using 5.12.1 load 3e mode and with a
            > character with all 10 base stats, NG, halfling and with one level of
            > rogue added you get the following proficiencies:
            > Gauntlet, Ray, Unarmed Strike
            >
            > Could a TM tracker this please? Probably a data bug initially.

            Not a data bug. Code Bug. I think Tom fixed it in the 5.13 line.
            AUTO:WEAPONRPOF was only taking the last entry, instead of all entries
            (considered it a one-tag per object, instead of multiple.) 3e Rogue
            has 2 AUTO:WEAPONPROFs, since Medium Rogues get more proficiencies.
            The second has a PRESIZE on it, and a small character won't qualify.
            No Rogues were getting the base weapons, since it was only granting
            the second instance.

            PCGen LST Chimp
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
              Yup, fixed in the 5.13 series. No tracker needed.

              It was the two AUTO: tags in the lines.

              --
              -- Andrew Maitland
              Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur