RE: [pcgen] halfling rogue

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007

      You have to give him his first class level before he gains the proficiencies
      for the class.

      Barak
    • spyguy007mw
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007

        > You have to give him his first class level before he gains the
        proficiencies
        > for the class.
        >
        > Barak

        I made 3 other characters (paladin, barbarian,ranger) and didn't have
        any problems. I followed the tabs in order at the top. I picked
        alignment, entered stats, (race tab) chose halfling, (class tab) and
        chose rogue. Back on the summary page, my hit points show, rogue(1)
        appears in the character classes box. I spent my skill points. i
        could select a feat {the feat armor proficiency (light) shows in
        yellow/green}. I selected improved initiative as my feat, then when I
        went to purchase goods all my weapons are red except gauntlets. On
        the summary page I click on 'Lang, Weap Prof, & SA'. Under weapon
        profs it shows Gauntlet, Ray, Unarmed Strike. The optional profs box
        is greyed out. If I change the race to Elf without changing anything
        else then the extra weap prof that medium rogues add shows up, but I
        am still not proficient with a dagger. The weapon prof given to all
        rogues is still missing. I only have additional profs for a medium
        rogue. I am surprised that this problem wouldn't have come up if it
        was in the program. Halfling rogues are a popular class. While this
        works out I will try some spell casters and cross my fingers.
      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
          Create the Halfling Rogue, go to the preview pane and look at the 2nd
          sheet. I believe that the weapon proficiencies are there, but the feat
          "rogue weapon proficiencies" is coded as not visible so it is not
          showing up in the feat list.

          -- David
          Papa-DRB
          Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:

            > Create the Halfling Rogue, go to the preview pane and look at the 2nd
            > sheet. I believe that the weapon proficiencies are there, but the
            feat
            > "rogue weapon proficiencies" is coded as not visible so it is not
            > showing up in the feat list.
            >
            > -- David
            > Papa-DRB
            > Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>

            Nope I am afraid it is not. I could also just write over the numbers on
            the sheet but it will not let me equip the weapons that I am not
            proficient with. The weapons are all red except for gauntlets.