halfling rogue

  • spyguy007mw
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
      I am trying to make halfling rogue. Pcgen5121 only gives me proficiency
      with Gauntlet, Ray, Unarmed Strike. How do i fix this? i just started
      with this program yesterday. Is there something i am missing? I am
      using 3.0 edition rules. if i change the race to human it adds only the
      medium sized weapon proficiencies (Club, Crossbow (Heavy), Gauntlet,
      Mace (Heavy), Morningstar, Quarterstaff, Rapier, Ray, Unarmed Strike)
      How do I get my halfling to do more that punch?
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007

        You have to give him his first class level before he gains the proficiencies
        for the class.

        Barak
      • spyguy007mw
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007

          > You have to give him his first class level before he gains the
          proficiencies
          > for the class.
          >
          > Barak

          I made 3 other characters (paladin, barbarian,ranger) and didn't have
          any problems. I followed the tabs in order at the top. I picked
          alignment, entered stats, (race tab) chose halfling, (class tab) and
          chose rogue. Back on the summary page, my hit points show, rogue(1)
          appears in the character classes box. I spent my skill points. i
          could select a feat {the feat armor proficiency (light) shows in
          yellow/green}. I selected improved initiative as my feat, then when I
          went to purchase goods all my weapons are red except gauntlets. On
          the summary page I click on 'Lang, Weap Prof, & SA'. Under weapon
          profs it shows Gauntlet, Ray, Unarmed Strike. The optional profs box
          is greyed out. If I change the race to Elf without changing anything
          else then the extra weap prof that medium rogues add shows up, but I
          am still not proficient with a dagger. The weapon prof given to all
          rogues is still missing. I only have additional profs for a medium
          rogue. I am surprised that this problem wouldn't have come up if it
          was in the program. Halfling rogues are a popular class. While this
          works out I will try some spell casters and cross my fingers.
        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
            Create the Halfling Rogue, go to the preview pane and look at the 2nd
            sheet. I believe that the weapon proficiencies are there, but the feat
            "rogue weapon proficiencies" is coded as not visible so it is not
            showing up in the feat list.

            -- David
            Papa-DRB
            Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:

              > Create the Halfling Rogue, go to the preview pane and look at the 2nd
              > sheet. I believe that the weapon proficiencies are there, but the
              feat
              > "rogue weapon proficiencies" is coded as not visible so it is not
              > showing up in the feat list.
              >
              > -- David
              > Papa-DRB
              > Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>

              Nope I am afraid it is not. I could also just write over the numbers on
              the sheet but it will not let me equip the weapons that I am not
              proficient with. The weapons are all red except for gauntlets.