Time frame

  • jseturtle2
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      When did CM get the rights to Forgotten Realms sources? (in terms of
      PCGen releases) I had PCGen 2.8 or something like that, and then did
      nothing until PCGen 5.12 (the newest) The PCGen I had used Forgotten
      Realms as one of the sources, but I don't know at this point if it came
      with the package or I purchased it separately (I'm always downloading
      extra sources for engines -- you should see my collections for
      HeroGame's HeroDesigner, and NWN's editor).

      Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
        IIRC, Code Monkey Publishing received it in 2002 or 2003, and it
        wasn't renewed last November. Because of that, you are on your own.

        2.8 was before we went OGL completely - when we did that, all WotC
        Closed Content was removed. That was fall 2002, when we did a bunch
        of un-hardcoding (and lots of syntax changes), and became OGL and
        D20stl complaint as of 4.0 (we've since decided to drop the D20stl
        license.) I know 2.7.3 was the last release with the closed content,
        but since it was compatible with a few releases, some ppl used old
        data with newer versions. By 4.0, the data no longer worked in PCGen
        due to necessary syntax changes to un-hardcode a bunch of OGL rules.

        On 11/3/07, jseturtle2 <jturtle@...> wrote:
        > When did CM get the rights to Forgotten Realms sources? (in terms of
        > PCGen releases) I had PCGen 2.8 or something like that, and then did
        > nothing until PCGen 5.12 (the newest) The PCGen I had used Forgotten
        > Realms as one of the sources, but I don't know at this point if it came
        > with the package or I purchased it separately (I'm always downloading
        > extra sources for engines -- you should see my collections for
        > HeroGame's HeroDesigner, and NWN's editor).

        PCGen LST Chimp