Re: problem saving custom class info

  • Casey
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
      ok, i tried giving admin privilages to java.exe and javaw.exe in
      java\jrexxx\bin, and tried it again.. still no luck..

      but that was beforei so this post on UAC.. so how does one turn off
      UAC? and is there an alternate method to it, without turning off UAC?

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Paul <morlaki@...> wrote:

      > Only thing I know is to turn off the UAC all together. You can find
      instructions here for all accounts on a computer, one user, or through
      the registry. Thank you Microsoft for protecting me from myself I
      guess...... Hope this helps.

      PCGen_Frame1[ frame0,-8, -8,1456x886, invalid,layout= java.awt.
      BorderLayout, title=PCGen

      > > Campaign,resizable, maximized, defaultCloseOper ation=DO_
      NOTHING_ON_ CLOSE,rootPane= javax.swing. JRootPane[ ,8,28,1440x850,
      invalid,layout= javax.swing. JRootPane$ RootLayout, alignmentX=
      0.0,alignmentY= 0.0,border= ,flags=16777673, maximumSize=
      ,minimumSize= ,preferredSize= ],rootPaneChecki ngEnabled= true]]

      > > the path.

      > > gmgen.pluginmgr. messages. StateChangedMess age[source= pcgen.gui.
      PCGen_Frame1[ frame0,-8, -8,1456x886, invalid,layout= java.awt.
      BorderLayout, title=PCGen

      > > Campaign,resizable, maximized, defaultCloseOper ation=DO_
      NOTHING_ON_ CLOSE,rootPane= javax.swing. JRootPane[ ,8,28,1440x850,
      invalid,layout= javax.swing. JRootPane$ RootLayout, alignmentX=
      0.0,alignmentY= 0.0,border= ,flags=16777673, maximumSize=
      ,minimumSize= ,preferredSize= ],rootPaneChecki ngEnabled= true]]

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
        Hi Casey,

        Some simple possibilities might be to create the gameModes\35e\
        pointbuymethods. lst file and give all users access to write to it.
        Next create a customdata folder under your documents folder (rather
        than program files). In preferences, set PCGen to use this folder and
        restart pcgen. Now try and create a class again.

        If that solves the problem we will have to look at moving the
        pointbuymethods file out into the customdata folder in order to make
        this process a bit easier.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 31/10/2007, Casey <galliard6@...> wrote:
        > ok, i tried giving admin privilages to java.exe and javaw.exe in
        > java\jrexxx\bin, and tried it again.. still no luck..
        >
        > but that was beforei so this post on UAC.. so how does one turn off
        > UAC? and is there an alternate method to it, without turning off UAC?
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Paul <morlaki@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Only thing I know is to turn off the UAC all together. You can find
        > instructions here for all accounts on a computer, one user, or through
        > the registry. Thank you Microsoft for protecting me from myself I
        > guess...... Hope this helps.

      • Casey
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
          Woo!.. works now.. moved the customdata file to
          documents\pcgen\customdata and pointed pcgen at it, and also gave full
          read/write to pointbuymethods.lst, and all the stuff seems to work
          now.. i'll hafta see if it works fully once i get everything typed in,
          but it looks like it will.. thanks ^^