Re: [pcgen] Re: problem saving custom class info

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
      Only thing I know is to turn off the UAC all together. You can find instructions here for all accounts on a computer, one user, or through the registry. Thank you Microsoft for protecting me from myself I guess...... Hope this helps.

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
        ok, i tried giving admin privilages to java.exe and javaw.exe in
        java\jrexxx\bin, and tried it again.. still no luck..

        but that was beforei so this post on UAC.. so how does one turn off
        UAC? and is there an alternate method to it, without turning off UAC?

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Paul <morlaki@...> wrote:

        > Only thing I know is to turn off the UAC all together. You can find
        instructions here for all accounts on a computer, one user, or through
        the registry. Thank you Microsoft for protecting me from myself I
        guess...... Hope this helps.

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
          Hi Casey,

          Some simple possibilities might be to create the gameModes\35e\
          pointbuymethods. lst file and give all users access to write to it.
          Next create a customdata folder under your documents folder (rather
          than program files). In preferences, set PCGen to use this folder and
          restart pcgen. Now try and create a class again.

          If that solves the problem we will have to look at moving the
          pointbuymethods file out into the customdata folder in order to make
          this process a bit easier.

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 31/10/2007, Casey <galliard6@...> wrote:
          > ok, i tried giving admin privilages to java.exe and javaw.exe in
          > java\jrexxx\bin, and tried it again.. still no luck..
          >
          > but that was beforei so this post on UAC.. so how does one turn off
          > UAC? and is there an alternate method to it, without turning off UAC?
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Paul <morlaki@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Only thing I know is to turn off the UAC all together. You can find
          > instructions here for all accounts on a computer, one user, or through
          > the registry. Thank you Microsoft for protecting me from myself I
          > guess...... Hope this helps.

        • Casey
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
            Woo!.. works now.. moved the customdata file to
            documents\pcgen\customdata and pointed pcgen at it, and also gave full
            read/write to pointbuymethods.lst, and all the stuff seems to work
            now.. i'll hafta see if it works fully once i get everything typed in,
            but it looks like it will.. thanks ^^