Re: Forgotten Realms info, and other stuff

  • jseturtle2
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
      Sorry. Didn't mean to possibly start a non-productive argument. I
      just knew when I searched the forum here, I found info for going to
      Code Monkey for the non-free licencing stuff. And it didn't have it.
      And I don't use stuff illegally. I have always paid shareware fees,
      etc. if I was going to use the program more than once in a blue moon.
      I even use Walmart rather than limewire or bearshare for music.
      Thanks for the information, though.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:

      > If you do not have a copy of PCGen 2.8 on your hard drive or
      backups,
      > you are out of luck, and will have to recreate the character from
      > scratch, and also will have to input any Forgotten Realms stuff by
      hand.

      > Around PCGen V3 (I think), all the non OGC content was removed at
      WotC
      > request. Code Monkey Publishing was given license to offer WotC
      closed
      > content datasets. November 2006 WotC did not renew CMP 's license,
      and
      > currently no one has a license to offer WotC closed content
      datasets.

      > Please do NOT ask for someone to send you the datasets, as a
      Moderator,
      > I will get quite upset. If you would like help in coding a feat, or
      > skill, or class or <what ever> ask your question in
      PCGenListFileHelp
      > Yahoo group and the data monkeys will help you.
      >
      > Also (and this includes *everyone*), this is not a discussion that
      we
      > need to go through, yet again, so lets not start this
      debate/discussion
      > again, thanks!
      >
      > -- David
      > Papa-DRB
      > Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>
      >

      > jseturtle2 wrote:
      > > I just began playing D&D again after about 4 years. I
      redownloaded
      > > PCGen, and it is now version 5.12 vs my old 2.8. There appears to
      be no
      > > backwards compatibility; that is, I can't open my old files.
      Also, the
      > > Forgotten Realms datasets are not included, and when I went to
      Code
      > > Monkey, I could not find them.
      > >
      > > Finally, there appears to have been a major revamp of Psionics
      that I
      > > don't find in my copies of either Psionics HB or expanded PHB.
      Where
      > > can I find those changes (talents not there anymore, powers
      shifted as
      > > to which level, no Psicrystal for the Psychic Warrior without the
      new
      > > feat Psicrystal Affinity, etc.)
      > >
      > > In the newer version of PCGen, it appears that I have to take my
      mount
      > > as a follower; how do I do the distribution of gear?
      > >
      > > Sorry to be so dense, but I find it confusing. Thank you for your
      great
      > > product, and any help you can give.

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
        Hi jseturtl2!

        You wrote:
        > Sorry. Didn't mean to possibly start a non-productive argument. I
        > just knew when I searched the forum here, I found info for going to
        > Code Monkey for the non-free licencing stuff.

        Not a problem! All questions are welcome! :-)

        Eric Smith
      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
          Absolutely! You didn't start an argument... I just didn't want others to
          start the (old) argument,