Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [pcgen] Forgotten Realms info, and other stuff

Expand Messages
  • Tir Gwaith
    ... Yep. V3.0 was SRD only from WotC. I don t remember a 2.8. Last version I remember before 3.0 was 2.7.3. I don t recall what number we released @ GenCon
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
      On 10/29/07, David R. Bender <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:
      > If you do not have a copy of PCGen 2.8 on your hard drive or backups,
      > you are out of luck, and will have to recreate the character from
      > scratch, and also will have to input any Forgotten Realms stuff by hand.
      >
      > Around PCGen V3 (I think), all the non OGC content was removed at WotC
      > request. Code Monkey Publishing was given license to offer WotC closed
      > content datasets. November 2006 WotC did not renew CMP 's license, and
      > currently no one has a license to offer WotC closed content datasets.

      Yep. V3.0 was SRD only from WotC. I don't remember a 2.8. Last
      version I remember before 3.0 was 2.7.3. I don't recall what number
      we released @ GenCon that year, but it didn't include anything but the
      SRD. IIRC 3.0 was our completely OGL complaint stable, and 4.0
      shortly there after was actually complaint with the d20stl at the
      time.

      We've only supported back a few stables for back-wards compatibility.
      If we stayed compatible with 6 years ago, we'd have a harder time
      improving and be stuck with some bad things.

      --
      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen LST Chimp
    • jseturtle2
      Sorry. Didn t mean to possibly start a non-productive argument. I just knew when I searched the forum here, I found info for going to Code Monkey for the
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
        Sorry. Didn't mean to possibly start a non-productive argument. I
        just knew when I searched the forum here, I found info for going to
        Code Monkey for the non-free licencing stuff. And it didn't have it.
        And I don't use stuff illegally. I have always paid shareware fees,
        etc. if I was going to use the program more than once in a blue moon.
        I even use Walmart rather than limewire or bearshare for music.
        Thanks for the information, though.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:
        >
        > If you do not have a copy of PCGen 2.8 on your hard drive or
        backups,
        > you are out of luck, and will have to recreate the character from
        > scratch, and also will have to input any Forgotten Realms stuff by
        hand.
        >
        > Around PCGen V3 (I think), all the non OGC content was removed at
        WotC
        > request. Code Monkey Publishing was given license to offer WotC
        closed
        > content datasets. November 2006 WotC did not renew CMP 's license,
        and
        > currently no one has a license to offer WotC closed content
        datasets.
        >
        > Please do NOT ask for someone to send you the datasets, as a
        Moderator,
        > I will get quite upset. If you would like help in coding a feat, or
        > skill, or class or <what ever> ask your question in
        PCGenListFileHelp
        > Yahoo group and the data monkeys will help you.
        >
        > Also (and this includes *everyone*), this is not a discussion that
        we
        > need to go through, yet again, so lets not start this
        debate/discussion
        > again, thanks!
        >
        > -- David
        > Papa-DRB
        > Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>
        >
        >
        > jseturtle2 wrote:
        > > I just began playing D&D again after about 4 years. I
        redownloaded
        > > PCGen, and it is now version 5.12 vs my old 2.8. There appears to
        be no
        > > backwards compatibility; that is, I can't open my old files.
        Also, the
        > > Forgotten Realms datasets are not included, and when I went to
        Code
        > > Monkey, I could not find them.
        > >
        > > Finally, there appears to have been a major revamp of Psionics
        that I
        > > don't find in my copies of either Psionics HB or expanded PHB.
        Where
        > > can I find those changes (talents not there anymore, powers
        shifted as
        > > to which level, no Psicrystal for the Psychic Warrior without the
        new
        > > feat Psicrystal Affinity, etc.)
        > >
        > > In the newer version of PCGen, it appears that I have to take my
        mount
        > > as a follower; how do I do the distribution of gear?
        > >
        > > Sorry to be so dense, but I find it confusing. Thank you for your
        great
        > > product, and any help you can give.
        >
      • Eric C Smith
        Hi jseturtl2! ... Not a problem! All questions are welcome! :-) Eric Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
          Hi jseturtl2!

          You wrote:
          > Sorry. Didn't mean to possibly start a non-productive argument. I
          > just knew when I searched the forum here, I found info for going to
          > Code Monkey for the non-free licencing stuff.

          Not a problem! All questions are welcome! :-)

          Eric Smith
        • David R. Bender
          Absolutely! You didn t start an argument... I just didn t want others to start the (old) argument, -- David Papa-DRB Grognard
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
            Absolutely! You didn't start an argument... I just didn't want others to
            start the (old) argument,

            -- David
            Papa-DRB
            Grognard <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grognard>


            Eric C Smith wrote:
            > Hi jseturtl2!
            >
            > You wrote:
            >
            >> Sorry. Didn't mean to possibly start a non-productive argument. I
            >> just knew when I searched the forum here, I found info for going to
            >> Code Monkey for the non-free licencing stuff.
            >>
            >
            > Not a problem! All questions are welcome! :-)
            >
            > Eric Smith
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.