Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG][OS][TM][Trackered]

  • Andrew Wilson
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 28 7:35 PM
      On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 07:18:56PM -0600, Tir Gwaith wrote:
      > > I can't find any specific clarification on this but my feeling is that it
      > > applies per roll so the final result would be 2.
      >
      > All the RSRD states (CombatI.rtf):
      >
      > Minimum Damage
      > If penalties reduce the damage result to less than 1, a hit still
      > deals 1 point of damage.
      >
      > Multiplying Damage: Sometimes you multiply damage by some factor, such
      > as on a critical hit. Roll the damage (with all modifiers) multiple
      > times and total the results. Note: When you multiply damage more than
      > once, each multiplier works off the original, un-multiplied damage.
      >
      > That basically means Minimum 1 damage, even on a critical.

      I don't see that from the rules you've quoted. There doesn't seem to be
      anything in them that says the minimum of 1 is right at the end.

      My problem is in the first sentence it talks about a "result" being
      modified to less than 1 being raised to 1. The second paragraph talks
      about totalling "results". So, have these results been rounded to 1
      already? The paragraph doesn't say. It doesn't tell you when to apply
      the minimum thing.

      andrew
      --
      Gemini: (May 21 - June 21)
      The days are long past when you could get a healthy baby for less
      Message 43 of 43 , Oct 28 7:35 PM