Re: Barbarian Rage modifier wrong

  • Vince Collier
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
      Okay, got the "stacking" stat problem fixed, now if we can get the HTML set fixed I'll be
      golden!!!! Even after correcting my base file, it still only applies Greater Rage as standard
      rage. Don't know if adding a "Greater Rage" button would help with that too.

      Also, is there any way to add a "Power Attack" calculator to it, or is it there and I'm just
      missing it?

      Love this software by the way guys.

      Thanks again,
      Vince

      > For the latter one, I think the OS may be hard-coded to +4, instead of
      > looking at VARs. I say that because this is displayed correctly in
      > the SA block: "Bonuses when enraged (STR +6, CON +6, Will +3, AC -2,
      > HP 42), " . . . "Greater Rage (Ex) 4 times/day (11 rounds)"
      >

      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
        I've now trackered the combined sheet Barbarian Rage stuff.
        [ 1818896 ] chseet_fantasy_combined has hardcoded Rage information,
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1818896&group_id=25576&atid=748296

        I've made some modifications that make it look right, but a lot of
        this is coded off an archaic method of looking at a Barbarian level.
        That could use some refactoring, to simply use tests on the separate
        VARs for Rage status, so as to take full advantage of the LST
        functionality.

        It could also use a good overhaul to make sure it works with both 3.0e
        and 3.5e. (Right now, it states the Tireless quality only happens as
        Barbarian level 20).

        Since I'm not a proficient Javascript coder. (at least, I like to
        think of myself that way), I'm going to avoid that aspect. Especially
        considering how ugly the code looks to me.

        I've also done some modifications to base.xml, so the PDFs should be a
        bit better, but those need to be modified off of strictly 3e stuff as
        well. (could use that in other things than just Rage, but Rage block
        needs to be able to do Tireless / Mighty, etc., as well as keep the 3e
        and 3.5e stuff straight as well).

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Vince Collier
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
          Thanks Tir for all your hard work!!

          Are the changes in the Alpha or going to be in the Alpha you guys have up or can you simply
          swap out the template with the one you just made? Still new to all this.

          Thanks,
          Vince
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 24, 2007
            On 10/23/07, Vince Collier <powerplaygraphix@...> wrote:
            > Thanks Tir for all your hard work!!
            >
            > Are the changes in the Alpha or going to be in the Alpha you guys have up or can you simply
            > swap out the template with the one you just made? Still new to all this.

            not a template. all PDFs generated run off of base.xml, so the "Rage
            block" on the PDFs will be affected.

            On the html side, I only changed csheet_fantasy_combined for the block
            and the buttons "Raging / Not Raging / Fatigued "

            They will be in the next Alpha release, or autobuild (but I don't know
            when that will run), or you can pull from SVN to get the file.

            PCGen LST Chimp