Re: Barbarian Rage modifier wrong

  • Vince Collier
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
      AH HAH!!!! FOUND IT!!!!!!

      You guys were right, when "enabling" it in the inventory I picked the "Rage spell" instead
      of applying just the Barbarian Ability, I was stacking it and doubling it. When I went back
      into my Inventory, I found where it was and turned off the spell and turned on the ability
      and it fixed it.

      Thanks!!!

      > On 10/23/07, Vince Collier <powerplaygraphix@...> wrote:
      > > I guess I should have clarified that I was talking about Greater Rage. The problem I'm
      > > having is that it applies the +6 to the modifier and not to the stat which of course
      throws
      > > off everything else that relies on those stats. I've had to be careful and make sure I do
      the
      > > math on everything as I'm using it. Even with this, PCGen has been the best program
      I've
      > > found since it has such a deep dataset to pull from. I'm trying to get the other
      members
      > > of my group to try it so we might be able to use the network aspect of it but since it
      > > doesn't get mine right, they aren't sure if they can trust it for theirs. Here's some
      screen
      > > caps of what I'm talking about:
      > >
      > > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/powerplaygraphix/norage.jpg
      > >
      > > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/powerplaygraphix/rage.jpg
      > >

      > Ok, the stat is changing by +12. +4 +6 = +10. I'll look into this.
      > Can you upload your file here to the Need Help With folder?
      >
      > For the latter one, I think the OS may be hard-coded to +4, instead of
      > looking at VARs. I say that because this is displayed correctly in
      > the SA block: "Bonuses when enraged (STR +6, CON +6, Will +3, AC -2,
      > HP 42), " . . . "Greater Rage (Ex) 4 times/day (11 rounds)"
      >

      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • Vince Collier
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
        Okay, got the "stacking" stat problem fixed, now if we can get the HTML set fixed I'll be
        golden!!!! Even after correcting my base file, it still only applies Greater Rage as standard
        rage. Don't know if adding a "Greater Rage" button would help with that too.

        Also, is there any way to add a "Power Attack" calculator to it, or is it there and I'm just
        missing it?

        Love this software by the way guys.

        Thanks again,
        Vince

        > For the latter one, I think the OS may be hard-coded to +4, instead of
        > looking at VARs. I say that because this is displayed correctly in
        > the SA block: "Bonuses when enraged (STR +6, CON +6, Will +3, AC -2,
        > HP 42), " . . . "Greater Rage (Ex) 4 times/day (11 rounds)"
        >

        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
          I've now trackered the combined sheet Barbarian Rage stuff.
          [ 1818896 ] chseet_fantasy_combined has hardcoded Rage information,
          https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1818896&group_id=25576&atid=748296

          I've made some modifications that make it look right, but a lot of
          this is coded off an archaic method of looking at a Barbarian level.
          That could use some refactoring, to simply use tests on the separate
          VARs for Rage status, so as to take full advantage of the LST
          functionality.

          It could also use a good overhaul to make sure it works with both 3.0e
          and 3.5e. (Right now, it states the Tireless quality only happens as
          Barbarian level 20).

          Since I'm not a proficient Javascript coder. (at least, I like to
          think of myself that way), I'm going to avoid that aspect. Especially
          considering how ugly the code looks to me.

          I've also done some modifications to base.xml, so the PDFs should be a
          bit better, but those need to be modified off of strictly 3e stuff as
          well. (could use that in other things than just Rage, but Rage block
          needs to be able to do Tireless / Mighty, etc., as well as keep the 3e
          and 3.5e stuff straight as well).

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Vince Collier
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
            Thanks Tir for all your hard work!!

            Are the changes in the Alpha or going to be in the Alpha you guys have up or can you simply
            swap out the template with the one you just made? Still new to all this.

            Thanks,
            Vince
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 24, 2007
              On 10/23/07, Vince Collier <powerplaygraphix@...> wrote:
              > Thanks Tir for all your hard work!!
              >
              > Are the changes in the Alpha or going to be in the Alpha you guys have up or can you simply
              > swap out the template with the one you just made? Still new to all this.

              not a template. all PDFs generated run off of base.xml, so the "Rage
              block" on the PDFs will be affected.

              On the html side, I only changed csheet_fantasy_combined for the block
              and the buttons "Raging / Not Raging / Fatigued "

              They will be in the next Alpha release, or autobuild (but I don't know
              when that will run), or you can pull from SVN to get the file.

              PCGen LST Chimp