DRASTIC ALERTS ON THE LOG SCREEN

  • musicguerilla
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2007
      I seem to recall seeing this already addressed in the lists, but i
      could be wrong. According to the log screen, there is a HUGE long
      list of problems with the new unstable alpha release (5.13.2) many
      of which are warnings of pending deprications and changes required
      to lst files, some print mode problems and im not sure exactly what
      all else. I have the latest java runtime installed on win xp sp2.

      this is even after pulling all my custom stuff out, all characters,
      all custom created files, etc. and a full uninstall, including
      deleting any remaining files (which was only an empty folder in
      program files) then doing a clean install, and only using the source
      files included with pcgen alone, leaving all custom stuff still on
      the desktop and not accessed.

      i have a text file to upload if you need to see the whole thing, and
      it may only be a partial. i have it blocked off in two sections: one
      is prior to source loading and then after; it is after sources being
      loaded (well during actually) that the main body of problems occur.
      That is when it lists a long list of stuff being depricated, along
      with a few other warnings. then it concludes with "See the PCGen
      docs..."

      Like i said, i believe i saw a warning about this earlier before
      downloading it, but i can't remember where for the life of me.

      Thanks guys! :)

      Bri

      "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
      really annoyed he has to subtract 6 HP off 200 guys!"
    • musicguerilla
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2007
        I uploaded the .txt log, it's called <PCGen Log File.txt> and is in
        the files section in this group, the description is the subject
        heading for this topic.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2007

          Most of those are internal things; you can disable the vast majority by
          going into the options/preferences and clicking a check box that will
          disable those warnings.

          The deprecation messages are about tags being used in the current data
          sets, not just yours.

          If you have custom data sets, go ahead and change the tags, OR you can
          wait till the converter is released circa 6.0.

          musicguerilla wrote:
          > I uploaded the .txt log, it's called <PCGen Log File.txt> and is in
          > the files section in this group, the description is the subject
          > heading for this topic.
          >

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          >> I seem to recall seeing this already addressed in the lists, but i
          >> could be wrong. According to the log screen, there is a HUGE long
          >> list of problems with the new unstable alpha release (5.13.2) many
          >> of which are warnings of pending deprications and changes required
          >> to lst files, some print mode problems and im not sure exactly
          >>
          > what
          >
          >> all else. I have the latest java runtime installed on win xp sp2.
          >>
          >> this is even after pulling all my custom stuff out, all
          >>
          > characters,
          >
          >> all custom created files, etc. and a full uninstall, including
          >> deleting any remaining files (which was only an empty folder in
          >> program files) then doing a clean install, and only using the
          >>
          > source
          >
          >> files included with pcgen alone, leaving all custom stuff still on
          >> the desktop and not accessed.
          >>
          >> i have a text file to upload if you need to see the whole thing,
          >>
          > and
          >
          >> it may only be a partial. i have it blocked off in two sections:
          >>
          > one
          >
          >> is prior to source loading and then after; it is after sources
          >>
          > being
          >
          >> loaded (well during actually) that the main body of problems
          >>
          > occur.
          >
          >> That is when it lists a long list of stuff being depricated, along
          >> with a few other warnings. then it concludes with "See the PCGen
          >> docs..."
          >>
          >> Like i said, i believe i saw a warning about this earlier before
          >> downloading it, but i can't remember where for the life of me.
          >>
          >> Thanks guys! :)
          >>
          >> Bri
          >>
          >> "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
          >> really annoyed he has to subtract 6 HP off 200 guys!"

          -- Andrew Maitland
          Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        • musicguerilla
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2007
            Which box did you mean?

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 17, 2007
              NM, i found it. It's under the Input section in preferences, that
              did the trick :)

              wrote:

              > Which box did you mean?

              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > Most of those are internal things; you can disable the vast
              majority
              > by
              > > going into the options/preferences and clicking a check box that
              will
              > > disable those warnings.
              > >
              > > The deprecation messages are about tags being used in the
              current
              > data
              > > sets, not just yours.
              > >
              > > If you have custom data sets, go ahead and change the tags, OR
              you
              > can
              > > wait till the converter is released circa 6.0.

            • Tom Parker
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 17, 2007
                > If you have custom data sets, go ahead and change the tags, OR you can
                > wait till the converter is released circa 6.0.

                ... more accurately, you can at least wait until 5.14 is released
                where we will ship in parallel a detector to tell you what will
                convert ...

                Then we will work through the 5.15 development cycle to improve
                conversion coverage, and we hope those that waited to convert will
                work with us to tell us what isn't converting.

                At some point, there will be a "day of reckoning" ... some items will
                have to be converted by hand, due to unresolvable ambiguity in the old
                syntax.

                TP.