Re: [pcgen] Re: Entering an own Rulesystem to PC gen

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
      > I don't know if the gamemodes are totally dynamic or not, but I would
      > hope so. If your game had say 9 stats instead of d20's 6, that
      > information appears to be described in the
      > \PCGen\VERSION\system\gamemodes\YOURGAMEMODE\statesandchecks.lst file.

      GameModes are read in by PCGen on initial load. I wouldn't call that
      'totally dynamic' but it does mean that you can create your own
      GameMode file, load up PCGen, and PCGen will know about it.

      > If you decide to go forward with this, you need to start your search
      > on the PCGenListFileHelp list since that's where the specifics of this
      > question need to be answered.

      Correct. Warning: GameMode tinkering is not for the feint of heart.
      To test modifications, one has to close PCGen and re-open. I've done
      a _bunch_ of that recently with the new Ability object stuff.

      PCGen LST Chimp