Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG] Template RACETYPE/RACESUBTYPE not being checked by PRERACE?

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
      > > > PreReqs displayed on the Template Tab are always black in the table,
      > > > so they will never appear in red.
      > >
      > > Side Q: is there a reason for this? Seems weird that it doesn't
      > > follow the other tabs...
      >
      > I'm going to guess that "an oopsie" - meaning it should be changed to
      > match behavior elsewhere.

      Code Bug or Code FReq? I'll make the tracker (it annoyed me since it
      made my testing harder.)

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
        > Ok, real problem, now that I've tested throughly: Feat granted from
        > FEATAUTO in a class.lst doesn't fire off the TEMPLATE tag. When
        > selected normally, it fires. (and since the template wasn't getting
        > applied, neither was the SUBRACETYPE in the template, Doh!)

        Well, to clarify, when selected *from the UI*, it has nothing to do
        with the Nature as best I can tell.

        Looks to me like it will fail on all of:
        FEATAUTO:
        AUTO|FEAT:
        ABILITY:
        FEAT:
        VFEAT:

        Basically, any way of assigning an Ability/Feat short of selecting it
        in the UI will fail to apply templates. Some of that is by code
        reading (and untested), but that seems to be the problem.

        > I thought that was fixed a while back?

        I can't find any evidence the issue has ever been reported or fixed.

        This is a bit of an ugly bug - I need someone with more experience in
        the Ability object to at least chime in before I go trying to change
        anything. There is infinite loop risk here if we're not careful.

        TP.
      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007

          > > > Side Q: is there a reason for this? Seems weird that it doesn't
          > > > follow the other tabs...
          > >
          > > I'm going to guess that "an oopsie" - meaning it should be changed to
          > > match behavior elsewhere.
          >
          > Code Bug or Code FReq? I'll make the tracker (it annoyed me since

          FREQ, but tag it as 5.14 - should be low hanging fruit.
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
            1805229 Abilities granted by tokens cannot grant Templates
            <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1805229&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

            Tom Parker wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Ok, real problem, now that I've tested throughly: Feat granted from
            >> FEATAUTO in a class.lst doesn't fire off the TEMPLATE tag. When
            >> selected normally, it fires. (and since the template wasn't getting
            >> applied, neither was the SUBRACETYPE in the template, Doh!)
            >>

            > Well, to clarify, when selected *from the UI*, it has nothing to do
            > with the Nature as best I can tell.
            >
            > Looks to me like it will fail on all of:
            > FEATAUTO:
            > AUTO|FEAT:
            > ABILITY:
            > FEAT:
            > VFEAT:
            >
            > Basically, any way of assigning an Ability/Feat short of selecting it
            > in the UI will fail to apply templates. Some of that is by code
            > reading (and untested), but that seems to be the problem.
            >

            >> I thought that was fixed a while back?
            >>

            > I can't find any evidence the issue has ever been reported or fixed.
            >
            > This is a bit of an ugly bug - I need someone with more experience in
            > the Ability object to at least chime in before I go trying to change
            > anything. There is infinite loop risk here if we're not careful.
            >
            > TP.

            -- Andrew Maitland
            Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
            "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"