hello

  • paulking.rhochi@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 29, 2007
      Mail transaction failed. Partial message is available.

    • erik
      Message 2 of 16 , May 24, 2011
        New person here.
        I have loaded PC Gen and the Data sets. I find installing the data sets to be quite difficult. Is there a version of PC Gen out there that i can just download that include the Pathfinder Advanced players guide innately because the data set process is very painful.
        Message 3 of 16 , May 24, 2011

          Yeah, you can grab the autobuild, or any version beyond 5.17.5 should have it innately available.

          http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/

          Any questions don't hesitate to ask, always happy to assist. Perhaps we could make the process easier, any recommendation on what is giving you issues?

          On 5/24/2011 1:22 PM, erik wrote:
          > New person here.
          > I have loaded PC Gen and the Data sets. I find installing the data sets to be quite difficult. Is there a version of PC Gen out there that i can just download that include the Pathfinder Advanced players guide innately because the data set process is very painful.

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        • Erik Wilks
          Message 4 of 16 , May 24, 2011
            wow that is easier,
            well the reason i did not get that is that when you do a google search on pc gen it leads you strait to 5.16, does not even reference the other options. so maybe highlighting this option on the main page. I have loaded 5.16 on to a few computers now and have always struggled with the data sets.
            One thing i think would be great for the tool is a get update button, so a user would hit that, and call a service, and get the latest updates. That would be rocking.
            But yeah everything i search on yahoo or google leads me to 5.16.4 does get me to 5.17 at all.

            Message 5 of 16 , May 24, 2011
              ok downloaded the autobuild. how do i launch the puppy, not seeing an exe file anywhere

              Message 6 of 16 , May 24, 2011
                Hi Erik,

                On 25/05/2011 6:22 AM erik wrote
                > New person here.
                > I have loaded PC Gen and the Data sets. I find installing the data sets to be quite difficult. Is there a version of PC Gen out there that i can just download that include the Pathfinder Advanced players guide innately because the data set process is very painful.

                I note Andrew has pointed you to the latest version of PCGen. I would
                not recommend use of the autobuilds though as they really are at the
                bleeding edge and do not get tested prior to release. Instead I would
                recommend use of the 5.17.6 alpha release if you are after the data.
                We'll be putting out a new alpha soon too. You can find 5.17 at
                http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php#alpha

                To help improve things for the future though, could you explain what
                went wrong with the install process please? If you are on windows vista
                or windows 7 and get permission problems that's a known issue that we
                are looking at. If it is another problem it would be great to know about it.

                Cheers
                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code SB
              • James Dempsey
                Message 7 of 16 , May 24, 2011
                  Hi Eric,

                  Just an addendum to that, when you install it is best to select a folder
                  outside of the Program Files folder such as C:\PCgen or a folder under
                  your users folder.

                  Cheers,
                  James.

                  On 25/05/2011 8:33 AM James Dempsey wrote

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 24, 2011
                    That worked swimmingly thanks