Re: Skill Synergies bonus

  • Eric C. Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
      Hi Again Jamie!

      You wrote:
      > On 9/27/07, Eric C. Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
      > >Do you wish to see the synergy bonuses on the output sheet?
      >
      > yes very much so.

      The good news is that you can display the synergy bonus to skills on the OS . . .

      The bad news is that you have to rewrite the OS to do it . . .

      There is an output token that will do this but it doesn't look very 'clean'.
      The token is "SKILL.<skill name>.EXPLAIN_LONG" which will break down
      all miscelaneous skill bonuses.

      On the other hand, as I have only done only mnor work at writing an OS,
      I could be missing something completely . . . :-)

      Maredudd
    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
        I wrote:
        > There is an output token that will do this but it doesn't look very 'clean'.

        Ok, my bad . . . After reading this post I realized that it didn't sound really good, so I'm here
        to explain what I should have said . . . :-)

        Using the example I gave . . . "SKILL.<skill name>.EXPLAIN_LONG"

        The OS will display the make-up of the misc modifier in the <skill name> skill.

        Example: +2[skill <skill name>. gteq 5|TYPE=SYNERGY.STACK] -6.0[|TYPE=SPEED.STACK]
        +4.0[OTHER]

        This uses up a lot of landscapr on the page and as you can't control what bonuses are
        included, they all are, there's no telling how it will look when printed . . .

        Maredudd
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
          Eric, can't you just add a collumn with SKILL.%skill.SYNERGY to the
          normal block?

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
            Jamie Mann wrote:
            > Hello all, I was wondering just how to get PCGen to show Synergy bonuses, as
            > far as I can tell its not. Please if you can let me know if I'm missing
            > something, or if there is a workaround for it.
            > Thanks in advance,
            >
            > Jamie Mann

            If you are just looking for a way to trouble shoot your PC we already
            have an OS which will give you the long breakdown of skill bonuses. Look
            for: csheet_fantasy_troubleshooting.htm

            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin