Re: [pcgen] Re: Skill Synergies bonus

  • Jamie Mann
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
      On 9/27/07, Eric C. Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

      > >Do you wish to see the synergy bonuses on the output sheet?
      >
      > yes very much so.

      Jamie.

    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
        Hi Again Jamie!

        You wrote:
        > On 9/27/07, Eric C. Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
        > >Do you wish to see the synergy bonuses on the output sheet?
        >
        > yes very much so.

        The good news is that you can display the synergy bonus to skills on the OS . . .

        The bad news is that you have to rewrite the OS to do it . . .

        There is an output token that will do this but it doesn't look very 'clean'.
        The token is "SKILL.<skill name>.EXPLAIN_LONG" which will break down
        all miscelaneous skill bonuses.

        On the other hand, as I have only done only mnor work at writing an OS,
        I could be missing something completely . . . :-)

        Maredudd
      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
          I wrote:
          > There is an output token that will do this but it doesn't look very 'clean'.

          Ok, my bad . . . After reading this post I realized that it didn't sound really good, so I'm here
          to explain what I should have said . . . :-)

          Using the example I gave . . . "SKILL.<skill name>.EXPLAIN_LONG"

          The OS will display the make-up of the misc modifier in the <skill name> skill.

          Example: +2[skill <skill name>. gteq 5|TYPE=SYNERGY.STACK] -6.0[|TYPE=SPEED.STACK]
          +4.0[OTHER]

          This uses up a lot of landscapr on the page and as you can't control what bonuses are
          included, they all are, there's no telling how it will look when printed . . .

          Maredudd
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
            Eric, can't you just add a collumn with SKILL.%skill.SYNERGY to the
            normal block?

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
              Jamie Mann wrote:
              > Hello all, I was wondering just how to get PCGen to show Synergy bonuses, as
              > far as I can tell its not. Please if you can let me know if I'm missing
              > something, or if there is a workaround for it.
              > Thanks in advance,
              >
              > Jamie Mann

              If you are just looking for a way to trouble shoot your PC we already
              have an OS which will give you the long breakdown of skill bonuses. Look
              for: csheet_fantasy_troubleshooting.htm

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin