Skill Synergies bonus

  • Jamie Mann
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
      Hello all, I was wondering just how to get PCGen to show Synergy bonuses, as
      far as I can tell its not. Please if you can let me know if I'm missing
      something, or if there is a workaround for it.
      Thanks in advance,

      Jamie Mann

    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
        Hi Jamie

        You wrote:

        > Hello all, I was wondering just how to get PCGen to show Synergy bonuses, as
        > far as I can tell its not. Please if you can let me know if I'm missing
        > something, or if there is a workaround for it.
        > Thanks in advance,

        Do you wish to see the synergy bonuses on the output sheet?

        Maredudd
      • Jamie Mann
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
          On 9/27/07, Eric C. Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

          > >Do you wish to see the synergy bonuses on the output sheet?
          >
          > yes very much so.

          Jamie.

        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
            Hi Again Jamie!

            You wrote:
            > On 9/27/07, Eric C. Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
            > >Do you wish to see the synergy bonuses on the output sheet?
            >
            > yes very much so.

            The good news is that you can display the synergy bonus to skills on the OS . . .

            The bad news is that you have to rewrite the OS to do it . . .

            There is an output token that will do this but it doesn't look very 'clean'.
            The token is "SKILL.<skill name>.EXPLAIN_LONG" which will break down
            all miscelaneous skill bonuses.

            On the other hand, as I have only done only mnor work at writing an OS,
            I could be missing something completely . . . :-)

            Maredudd
          • Eric C. Smith
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
              I wrote:
              > There is an output token that will do this but it doesn't look very 'clean'.

              Ok, my bad . . . After reading this post I realized that it didn't sound really good, so I'm here
              to explain what I should have said . . . :-)

              Using the example I gave . . . "SKILL.<skill name>.EXPLAIN_LONG"

              The OS will display the make-up of the misc modifier in the <skill name> skill.

              Example: +2[skill <skill name>. gteq 5|TYPE=SYNERGY.STACK] -6.0[|TYPE=SPEED.STACK]
              +4.0[OTHER]

              This uses up a lot of landscapr on the page and as you can't control what bonuses are
              included, they all are, there's no telling how it will look when printed . . .

              Maredudd
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
                Eric, can't you just add a collumn with SKILL.%skill.SYNERGY to the
                normal block?

                PCGen LST Chimp
              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
                  Jamie Mann wrote:
                  > Hello all, I was wondering just how to get PCGen to show Synergy bonuses, as
                  > far as I can tell its not. Please if you can let me know if I'm missing
                  > something, or if there is a workaround for it.
                  > Thanks in advance,
                  >
                  > Jamie Mann

                  If you are just looking for a way to trouble shoot your PC we already
                  have an OS which will give you the long breakdown of skill bonuses. Look
                  for: csheet_fantasy_troubleshooting.htm

                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin