Help With New Item

  • Brian J. Ackermann
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
      Hi all,

      I have been interested in pcgen for a long time, and have recently begun
      playing in a new d&d campaign, for which I installed the latest pcgen.
      All is well.

      Last night, however, I was pleased to be the recipient of a handy new
      magical item. I would like to create this item for inclusion on my char
      sheet, but I don't really know where to begin. Can anyone mentor me
      with this? I'm available by IM as well as posts & email.

      Here's the basic rundown of the item.

      Healing Net

      It adds +1 competancy bonus (Caster Level) to any of your healing
      spells, plus as you are a cleric you can use the net at it's current CL
      of 7 and add +1. So in your hands it would always be a 8th lvl CL item,
      and it always makes your healing spells one caster level higher.

      In addition...

      Heal 3/day
      Remove Disease 1/day
      Remove Blindness/Deafness 1/day
      Remove Poison 1/day
      Slow Poison 5/day
      Raise Dead 1/month

      Thanks a lot, I'm looking forward to learning how to do this.

      Brian

    • Brian J. Ackermann
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Brian J. Ackermann"

        > Thanks a lot, I'm looking forward to learning how to do this.
        >
        > Brian

        Well, I thought I'd get a jump on my future mentor by looking how the
        Helm of Brilliance works, only to find that it is simply an item.

        Are the details of items like this unavailable to PCGEN?

        Is my only recourse to place the text of the item into a 'description'
        for inclusion of my char sheet?

        Thanks again for your help,

        Brian
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
          These kinds of question get faster attention on PCGenListFileHelp
          group. I'll forward your original question there, and answer there.
          Trying to keep noise down on the main list. :)

          PCGen LST Chimp