Re: PCGen 5.13.2 (Alpha) Released!

  • lorjazmal
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 24, 2007
      is the alpha release compatable with the T20 data sets ?????

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:

      > PCGen (and their Official Sponsor Silven Publishing) are pleased to
      > announce the release of PCGen 5.13.2 (Alpha). Release notes can be
      > found here:
      >
      > http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?
      docid=68859&group_id=25576

      > As you can see, the work for 5.14 is already well on the way! So for
      > the brave and the bold, please do try out this Alpha and give us
      your
      > feedback :)
      >
      > --
      > Cheers,
      > James Dempsey
      > PCGen Code SB

    • lorjazmal
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 24, 2007

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 24, 2007
          Website doesn't have an updated download link...

          --
          -- Andrew Maitland
          Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 24, 2007

            On 25/09/2007, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
            > Website doesn't have an updated download link...

            It's there for me - what part of the website were you looking at?

            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 24, 2007
              Going through the web page of download pcgen I get sent to this page:

              http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25576&release_id=541737

              I was able to grab it by changing the download link to the new file
              name, but this is the second time where the web page isn't updating for me.

              James Dempsey wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > On 25/09/2007, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Website doesn't have an updated download link...
              >>

              > It's there for me - what part of the website were you looking at?

              --
              -- Andrew Maitland
              Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
              "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

            • Lachlan MacLean
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 24, 2007
                I've seen this issue before with other sites. It's something to do
                with one of the servers between you and the main site that still has
                the site cached.

                Lachlan

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 24, 2007

                  On 25/09/2007, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
                  > Going through the web page of download pcgen I get sent to this page:
                  >
                  > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25576&release_id=541737
                  >
                  > I was able to grab it by changing the download link to the new file
                  > name, but this is the second time where the web page isn't updating for me.

                  Interesting. That link shows 5.13.1 as the latest, but if you go to
                  Download > Browse All Files it correctly shows 5.13.2. I think Lachlan
                  has it right and that it is a caching issue, but if it persists beyond
                  a day or so it might be worthwhile someone reporting it to
                  SourceForge.

                  James Dempsey
                  PCGen Code SB
                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 25, 2007
                    On 9/24/07, lorjazmal <lor_jazmal@...> wrote:

                    > is the alpha release compatable with the T20 data sets ?????

                    T20? I'm not sure I know what you are referring to.

                    PCGen LST Chimp
                  • Michael P. Hopcroft
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 25, 2007

                      > On 9/24/07, lorjazmal <lor_jazmal@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > is the alpha release compatable with the T20 data sets ?????
                      >
                      > T20? I'm not sure I know what you are referring to.

                      I believe he is referring to the d20 version of Traveller.
                    • James Clement
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 25, 2007
                        Forgive me for saying this as if you have not thought of it, but being in
                        Tech Service for so long I learned never to rule out the simplest answer:

                        For those of you having issues with the PcGen download page not updating
                        correctly, please make sure that your own computer is not the one
                        responsible for caching the webpage.

                        Go to Internet Options (Right click IE Icon, or use the Tools. button in
                        the more recent versions), Click the settings button under Browsing History
                        in the General Tab, make sure the radio button is selected next to "Every
                        time I visit the webpage" under "Check for newer versions of stored pages:"

                        Once again.forgive me for presuming, but in the tech service industry, we
                        are all brain washed =P Have fun guys!

                        _____

                      • Andrew Wilson
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 25, 2007
                          On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 06:30:01AM -0500, James Clement wrote:
                          > Go to Internet Options (Right click IE Icon, or use the Tools. button in
                          > the more recent versions), Click the settings button under Browsing History
                          > in the General Tab, make sure the radio button is selected next to "Every
                          > time I visit the webpage" under "Check for newer versions of stored pages:"

                          All the world is not a PC running IE. While the advice is sound for
                          users of all operating systems and all browsers, you will need to tweak
                          the specifics. On IE F5 refreshes a page, Control F% bypasses any local
                          cacheing. I find it's generally worth trying Ctrl-F5 if i think
                          something should have updated that hasn't.

                          andrew
                          --
                          Pisces: (Feb. 19 - March 20)
                          You'll find it hard to live a normal life for the next couple
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 25, 2007
                            I too have to agree with Andrew...

                            I for one refuse and I mean REFUSE, to use IE UNLESS forced to by a site.
                            Then again, if that site only caters to IE people, I tend to boycott it.

                            I use Firefox.

                            Lachlan

                            At 07:41 AM 9/25/2007, you wrote:

                            >On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 06:30:01AM -0500, James Clement wrote:
                            > > Go to Internet Options (Right click IE Icon, or use the Tools. button in
                            > > the more recent versions), Click the settings button under Browsing History
                            > > in the General Tab, make sure the radio button is selected next to "Every
                            > > time I visit the webpage" under "Check for newer versions of stored pages:"
                            >
                            >All the world is not a PC running IE. While the advice is sound for
                            >users of all operating systems and all browsers, you will need to tweak
                            >the specifics. On IE F5 refreshes a page, Control F% bypasses any local
                            >cacheing. I find it's generally worth trying Ctrl-F5 if i think
                            >something should have updated that hasn't.
                            >
                            >andrew
                            >--
                          • Paul W. King
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 25, 2007
                              >> is the alpha release compatable with the T20 data sets ?????
                              >
                              > T20? I'm not sure I know what you are referring to.

                              The only T20 that I'm aware of is the version of Traveller that was compatible with the SRD.

                              Paul W. King
                              PR SB, BoD
                            • lorjazmal
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 25, 2007
                                yes the D20 version of traveller , as you said was compatible are you
                                now saying the new versions are not compatible with the T20 datasets ???

                                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
                                wrote:

                                > >> is the alpha release compatable with the T20 data sets ?????
                                > >
                                > > T20? I'm not sure I know what you are referring to.
                                >
                                > The only T20 that I'm aware of is the version of Traveller that was
                                compatible with the SRD.

                                > Paul W. King
                                > PR SB, BoD

                              • Tir Gwaith
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 25, 2007
                                  On 9/25/07, lorjazmal <lor_jazmal@...> wrote:
                                  > yes the D20 version of traveller , as you said was compatible are you
                                  > now saying the new versions are not compatible with the T20 datasets ???

                                  I don't know of any released Traveller / T20 datasets. So I can't say
                                  one way or the other about what you are referencing.

                                  PCGen LST Chimp
                                • Eric C Smith
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 25, 2007
                                    Greetings Lorjamal,

                                    Though someone was at one time working a dataset, PCGen never
                                    released it and to my knowledge, never officially looked at it.
                                    PCGen does not, and again to my knowledge, never had permission to
                                    publish such a set.

                                    Eric Smith
                                    PL 2nd

                                    On Sep 25, 2007, at 5:56 PM, lorjazmal wrote:

                                    > yes the D20 version of traveller , as you said was compatible are you
                                    > now saying the new versions are not compatible with the T20
                                    > datasets ???
                                    >
                                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>

                                    > > > T20? I'm not sure I know what you are referring to.
                                    > >
                                    > > The only T20 that I'm aware of is the version of Traveller that was
                                    > compatible with the SRD.
                                    > >
                                    > > Paul W. King
                                    > > PR SB, BoD

                                  • Tir Gwaith
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 25, 2007
                                      > Though someone was at one time working a dataset, PCGen never
                                      > released it and to my knowledge, never officially looked at it.
                                      > PCGen does not, and again to my knowledge, never had permission to
                                      > publish such a set.
                                      >
                                      > Eric Smith
                                      > PL 2nd

                                      We looked at it. Lack of publisher permission (and the effort of
                                      getting it) and the complexities caused the effort to die back in
                                      2003. That's the last I remember of any Traveller set. And it wasn't
                                      ever really complete, IIRC

                                      PCGen LST Chimp